Kogan PRO26 LCD television
This 26in LCD TV has an inbuilt DVD player, a USB input and decent image quality
- Integrated multimedia playback, decent contrast ratio
- No 100Hz mode, low overall contrast ratio
The Kogan PRO26 is an LCD television designed for a bedroom or study where space is at a premium. It's a good unit for casual television watching but its picture quality won't suit Blu-ray video or high-definition movies.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
The Kogan PRO26 is a 26in LCD television with an integrated DVD player and a port for connecting USB drives. If you have an extensive DVD collection or lots of downloaded media files and don't want to buy a media streamer, an all-in-one television like this is a good option. It has adequate picture quality for broadcast television and compressed video, but if you're looking for a high quality screen this is probably not your best option.
Like the rest of the Kogan television range, the Kogan PRO26 looks a bit bland and uninspiring. The rounded, glossy black bezel is not ugly but certainly isn't anything special or unique. The television's inputs are arranged along the rear — users have access to two HDMI and two composite video connectors as well as single component, VGA and S-Video for older devices.
The Kogan PRO26's screen has a resolution of 1366x768, which sits between the 720p and 1080p high-definition standards. It's well suited for devices that can output a picture at exactly this resolution — a laptop computer or Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite, for example. Content with a different resolution will go through a scaling process and can lose some sharpness and clarity.
Picture quality is acceptable given the price, but don't think you'll be blown away. A contrast ratio of 2500:1 is good for broadcast television and regular DVD watching — we didn't notice any horrendous loss of detail in our The Matrix test DVD — but when we paired the screen up with a Sony PlayStation 3 we did notice an overall lack of contrast and dark image detail in The Dark Knight.
The Kogan PRO26's multimedia features are what set it apart from other screens of this size, and thankfully they're well implemented. The integrated DVD player works quickly and isn't loud when operating, and while the USB port can only play a small range of formats (JPEG, WMA, MPEG1/2/4, MP3, DivX) it makes this TV even more useful.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Hisense Full HD TV and Refrigerator Top the List in 2017 ProductReview Awards
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCKofax DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer - MULTIPLE ROLESQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Regression TestingNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTDigital Business Analyst - IntermediateQLD