Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W
- Exceptional image quality for its price
- No Mac support, single 200-sheet paper tray
Great for personal use, this low-price colour laser printer produces attractive colour documents.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
With its tiny size and tiny price--the lowest we've seen yet for a colour laser printer--the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W would fit easily into any home office that often needs to produce full-colour documents. Simplicity is the key to this attractive colour laser, from its two-button control panel to its uncomplicated software.
To achieve this simplicity, the 2400W depends on the computer's CPU to render the pages, allowing the printer to use less memory and a cheaper processor. This USB 2.0 printer works only with Windows PCs, not Macs. Plus, it lacks integrated Ethernet, limiting its appeal for small businesses.
Its single 200-sheet paper tray further restricts its appeal; although that quantity will suffice for most home users, it may not be enough for a business. And with the 2400W, unlike with many other colour lasers, larger paper trays and duplexers are not available.
Nevertheless, the shipping 2400W that we tested proved a tremendous performer. It churned out text at 13.6 pages per minute and graphics at 3.2ppm--slightly above the average mark of the colour lasers we have tested recently. Print quality was outstanding, beating that of printers several times its price. We saw nice, sharp text, and even diminutive fonts were legible. It deftly handled our challenging line-art test, showing no evidence of banding. Photographic images were a little grainier than we usually see from laser printers, and the dark areas of our colour image did lose some detail. However, colour accuracy was excellent.
If you have modest paper demands, you may find the new Magicolor 2400W is a good, economical choice for adding a splash of colour to your printouts.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- CCSenior Process SpecialistNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma Consultant - Black BeltNSW
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerWA
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTSocial Media SpecialistOther
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantTAS
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)SA
- FTSupply Master Data AnalystOther
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC