Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W
- Exceptional image quality for its price
- No Mac support, single 200-sheet paper tray
Great for personal use, this low-price colour laser printer produces attractive colour documents.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
With its tiny size and tiny price--the lowest we've seen yet for a colour laser printer--the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W would fit easily into any home office that often needs to produce full-colour documents. Simplicity is the key to this attractive colour laser, from its two-button control panel to its uncomplicated software.
To achieve this simplicity, the 2400W depends on the computer's CPU to render the pages, allowing the printer to use less memory and a cheaper processor. This USB 2.0 printer works only with Windows PCs, not Macs. Plus, it lacks integrated Ethernet, limiting its appeal for small businesses.
Its single 200-sheet paper tray further restricts its appeal; although that quantity will suffice for most home users, it may not be enough for a business. And with the 2400W, unlike with many other colour lasers, larger paper trays and duplexers are not available.
Nevertheless, the shipping 2400W that we tested proved a tremendous performer. It churned out text at 13.6 pages per minute and graphics at 3.2ppm--slightly above the average mark of the colour lasers we have tested recently. Print quality was outstanding, beating that of printers several times its price. We saw nice, sharp text, and even diminutive fonts were legible. It deftly handled our challenging line-art test, showing no evidence of banding. Photographic images were a little grainier than we usually see from laser printers, and the dark areas of our colour image did lose some detail. However, colour accuracy was excellent.
If you have modest paper demands, you may find the new Magicolor 2400W is a good, economical choice for adding a splash of colour to your printouts.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- FTLead Consultant AIXOther
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- FTStakeholder Engagement Lead x2 (Land Access)Other
- CCBusiness Analyst - RFTVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Infrastructure)Other
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTAutomation Test AnalystOther
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- CCCloud ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- FTWireless Consulting EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCIntegration Analyst (Clinical/Healthcare)QLD
- FTContinuous Improvement - Lean ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Project Manager, Sydney CBD, Data Migration, Application IntegrationNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther