Konica Minolta magicolor 2530DL
- PictBridge port, Low costs per page
- Low capacity toner cartridges in box
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2530DL is an economical choice for printing text and photos, if space and convenience are more important to you than print quality. It will appeal especially to professionals in need of quick, tolerable-quality photo prints from a digital camera.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta 2530DL is a compact colour laser with built-in networking features. It offers a few new improvements over its predecessor, the 2430DL, including increased memory and lower accessory costs.
The 2530DL doubles the internal memory to 64MB, which enabled us to print high-resolution photos successfully from a digital camera attached to the printer's front-mounted PictBridge port. Without an expensive memory upgrade, however, the 2430DL could print only in draft mode.
Like all GDI-based printers, the 2530DL depends on your PC to render its pages. Konica Minolta provides a driver that lets the 2530DL work with Macs as well as with Windows PCs. The simple control panel includes a two-line LCD that simplifies the task of entering setup parameters, such as the image quality and image size to use when printing from the PictBridge port.
The single paper tray holds 200 sheets of paper or 10 envelopes. You can add an optional 500-sheet paper tray for and an optional duplexer for an additional cost. At 17.3 pages per minute, the 2530DL's text printing speed lags behind most other budget-priced colour lasers we've tested recently, but its 2.6-ppm speed for plain-paper graphics and 2.0-ppm speed for glossy photos are closer to average.
In our tests, the 2530DL produced heavy-looking but well-formed text characters with crisp edges. Line art was quite dark, too, with some minor horizontal banding. Our greyscale print had a yellow-brown tint and overly dark shadows. On plain paper, our colour samples showed plenty of detail in the darkest areas but had inaccurate colours. At the 2530DL's highest quality setting, photos printed on glossy paper exhibited good contrast and shadow detail, but off colours and grainy dithering patterns.
The printer comes with toner cartridges rated to last for just 1500 pages each. High-capacity replacement cartridges rated for 4500 pages are also available. You can save a little extra by purchasing a bundle of all three colour cartridges. Overall it's quite reasonable for a budget-priced printer.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- TPBusiness and Test Analyst | Student Management SystemQLD
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTelecommunications RiggerOther
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTPermanent: Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant - Cloud - MicrosoftVIC
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- TPSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Development ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther