Konica Minolta magicolor 2550EN
- Kill job button
- Light on features, Expensive running costs
In spite of the corporate edge, the overall verdict on the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN has to be that it doesn't stand out from the competition.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN boasts Emperon technology, Simitri polymerised toner and Enhanced Image Density Control. But if the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN is heavy on buzzwords - Emperon is simply a marketing term for Konica's own-brand printing system and interface - it's light on features.
Not only does the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN look ordinary, with a generic beige finish and darker graphite print tray, the build quality is ordinary. The finish looks flimsy compared to the more solid lines of some of the competition, while the styling is mediocre. Ergonomically, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's most useful feature is a kill job button. This is missing from other models, but is a fast and effective paper and toner saver.
The Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN's installation went fairly smoothly, although some of the dialogs in the drivers were in Spanish. The supplied software includes a fairly corporate selection of tools, including plug-ins for the Enterprise Management System and Novell's NDPS network print environment - which may interest businesses, but are less useful at home. The remaining software is a collection of standard remote print and management utilities. The most useful is a built-in web server, which makes remote management easy when combined with the PageScope Web connection tool.
Taking a minute to ready itself and with a colour output rate of 5ppm, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2550EN isn't quick off the mark. Monochrome speeds are more respectable at 20ppm, but running costs are among the highest here. And quality is mediocre, too - it's acceptable for business graphics, but not for reproducing colour photos effectively.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorWA
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTIBM Tivoli Network Configuration leadVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Selenium/ToscaOther