Kyocera FS-1920 colour laser printer
- Low running costs, small size, fast, good print quality
- Nothing in particular
While the initial purchase price may be steep, the low running costs will probably save you money in the long run.
Price$ 1,263.00 (AUD)
When it comes to the overall cost of ownership, there are few printer manufacturers that can match Kyocera's ability to look after the dollars. The FS-1920 is no exception.
Although the price of the printer makes the initial outlay expensive, with such low running costs the FS-1920 will soon pay for itself. It's a great solution for the printing needs of a mid-size workgroup thanks to its maximum duty cycle of 125,000 pages and 500-sheet input tray.
Despite its weight, the Kyocera is surprisingly compact. Setup is simple and we strongly recommend using the USB 2.0 connection if you want to produce speedy prints. Kyocera claims 28ppm (pages per minute) for the FS-1920, a figure which proved pretty accurate in our tests: even on high resolutions we managed 27ppm.
Print configurations are kept simple with a straightforward software driver, but you can opt to change every setting via the concise LCD menu that's nestled on the printer itself.
With a maximum resolution of 1800 x 600dpi (dots per inch), we expected this model to print crisp, dark text. We weren't disappointed. The quality on all text-based jobs was above average, and the FS-1920 even coped well with difficult shaded graphics on PowerPoint charts, exhibiting little slowdown when printing at higher resolutions.
Kyocera gets a big tick for its commitment to the environment. We were pleased to see longlife single-plastic consumables on the FS-1920--a feature that equates to minimal maintenance and lower cost of ownership as well as easy recycling of used components.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FT3 X Project Managers - Financial ServicesOther
- CCPlanning & Prioritisation Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- FTData Specialist - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTCloud Engineer - AWSOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystWA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTProject Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - GovtOther
- FTPhone System TechnicianQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD