LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton
- Stylish, small and compact
- It collects fingerprints and dust
A low-cost product that will look good on your desk while taking up minimum space. The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton is not bursting with features, but it's all you need from an entry-level product. The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton is USB only.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
LaCie products are well-known for their stylish looks, and this LaCie Hard Disk 500GB designer model is no exception.
Indeed, the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB's minimal design is important enough to give the designer pride of place in the name of the product itself. Step forward (takes deep breath): the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB design by Neil Poulton.
Finished in a glossy piano black, the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB's ultra-compact design is just about as small as it could possibly be and when powered up, the underside is illuminated with a cool blue glow.
The LaCie Hard Disk 500GB uses an external power supply but, like the drive itself, it's exceedingly light and compact making this a very portable and desirable-looking drive, although the glossy finish does tend to attract dust and fingerprints.
Upon connecting the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB for the first time, a setup assistant is automatically launched to help you format the drive correctly for your system. This software is all pre-installed on the drive, so there's no need for a driver CD. The format is important if you want to use the drive on different platforms.
You can choose a Windows-only installation or a dual-partition configuration that allows a portion of the drive to be also visible by Linux and Macintosh systems.
Also pre-installed in the LaCie Hard Disk 500GB is LaCie's 1-Click Backup software as well as all the required documentation. It's simple, good-looking and functional and comes at a very competitive price.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTIT Contracting & Licensing AnalystOther
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- FTCyber Security Team LeadOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCAIX System Administration ? UNIXVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTMid-Senior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Java Developer- DevOpsOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Data Services and ETL developerNSW
- FTBusiness Analysts - apps developmentACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTOnboarding ConsultantOther
- CCHFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTGenesys ConsultantACT