- Ergonomic adjustment options
- Only USB 1.1 ports and not 2.0, text display could be better
Physical adjustments and user-friendly settings increase the value of this good--but not spectacular--monitor.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
LaCie's first 19" LCD, the Photon19vision, has the features you'd expect from years of experience in monitor-making--and with good reason. Devotees of LG displays may recognise the LightView screen presets, which address not only the type of image on view, but also the ambient lighting conditions. The plain-language labels, such as Day/Text and Night/Photo, can be very useful for users who want to optimise their monitor for particular tasks and don't think of colour temperature in terms of Kelvins.
Though the Photon19vision's cabinet and stand are a distinctive dark blue, its ergonomic adjustment options stand out among its physical attributes. The height-adjustable screen can tilt, swivel left and right, and pivot. PivotPro software is included. Two USB 1.1 ports are likely to come in handy, though they may not be as useful as faster USB 2.0 ports for newer devices.
Rich colour, especially on a photo of a fruit tart, helped the Photon19vision gain a Very Good rating for graphics. It rendered our photo of people well, though some jurors noticed loss of detail in the darkest and lightest areas of the photo. Fuzzy detail in Microsoft Word and Excel documents resulted in only a Good text rating.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- FTAD LeadOther
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTSenior Linux System AdministratorVIC
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- FTJava Developer - AWS MicroservicesOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTNetezza DeveloperQLD
- FTIAM DevOps EngineerOther
- FTSystem and Software TestersACT
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC