Polyglots, rejoice: LangOver lets you switch easily between keyboard layouts
- Nothing of note
This tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages
If your typing comes out in one language but you want it to display in another, LangOver can make the switch easy for you. LangOver (free/donationware) isn't translation software, and won't allow you to select existing online text in another language and convert it to your own language. It instead works with the languages you have already enabled in Windows, and allows you to quickly switch snippets of text you type between those languages.
To see which languages you currently have enabled in Windows XP, open the control panel in category display mode and select the Date, Time, Language and Regional Options category. Then choose the Add other languages task, click the Languages tab, and click the Details button. You can then add additional languages by clicking on the Add button.
After that, or if you already have additional languages enabled, you can hit F10 to switch a line of text from a selected language to English or vice versa. Doing so will also switch the keyboard layout so that additional text you type is in the alternate language. Hitting F10 switches back.
LangOver requires Microsoft .NET 2.0, and its developer requests donations. The tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages. For an option that can translate existing online text, see the gTranslate add-on for Firefox.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- Evoluent VerticalMouse C Right Wireless review: This upright mouse aims to end your arm pain
- What is a DXOMark Score?
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTPrinciple Health Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - Syd / MelbNSW
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCInfrastructure System SpecialistQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTData AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMS SchedulerOther
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Insight AnalystOther
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- FTEAM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate Recruiter - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other