Polyglots, rejoice: LangOver lets you switch easily between keyboard layouts
- Nothing of note
This tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages
If your typing comes out in one language but you want it to display in another, LangOver can make the switch easy for you. LangOver (free/donationware) isn't translation software, and won't allow you to select existing online text in another language and convert it to your own language. It instead works with the languages you have already enabled in Windows, and allows you to quickly switch snippets of text you type between those languages.
To see which languages you currently have enabled in Windows XP, open the control panel in category display mode and select the Date, Time, Language and Regional Options category. Then choose the Add other languages task, click the Languages tab, and click the Details button. You can then add additional languages by clicking on the Add button.
After that, or if you already have additional languages enabled, you can hit F10 to switch a line of text from a selected language to English or vice versa. Doing so will also switch the keyboard layout so that additional text you type is in the alternate language. Hitting F10 switches back.
LangOver requires Microsoft .NET 2.0, and its developer requests donations. The tool would likely be of most use to multi-lingual people who want a faster option to switch between languages. For an option that can translate existing online text, see the gTranslate add-on for Firefox.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk / Support AnalystOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCIT Project SchedulerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- TPTechnical Specialst (Office 365/Azure)SA
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- FTChange Manager- Engineering IndustryOther
- CCiMIS SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix Administrator/ EngineerOther
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT