Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus
- Easy to navigate, TrackSweep deletes browser surfing history
- Failed to detect all our active spyware, failed to disinfect our active adware
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus is a definite step up from the freeware version, but its lacklustre performance would send us searching elsewhere for help.
Price$ 40.50 (AUD)
Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2007 Plus is the paid version of the popular scanner Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Free. Despite Ad-Aware 2007 Plus's name, Lavasoft says that the program combats spyware as well as adware. For the $40.50 price, you get automatic updates, scheduled scans, and real-time protection that's missing from the free product - however, in our tests Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus failed to meet basic performance expectations.
At the time we evaluated it, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus was not available for Windows Vista, so we tested it on a Windows XP machine. (Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus Vista version launched shortly before we went to press.)
In tests performed by AV-Test.org, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus failed to detect (let alone disinfect) nine of our 10 active spyware samples. While Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus uncovered all 10 active adware samples, it disinfected just 35 per cent of their files and Registry entries.
Presented with a massive batch of 110,380 inactive adware and spyware samples, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus's on-demand scanner managed to detect fewer than 2 per cent of them. Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus doesn't provide protection against rootkits, either.
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus detected changes to the Internet Explorer home and search pages. But it failed to detect changes to the Hosts file and additions to the Startup folder.
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus is easy to navigate and its TrackSweep feature erases browser surfing history from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Unfortunately, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Plus's two-pronged design creates needless complications.
You have to configure the Ad-Watch component, which handles real-time monitoring and proactive protection, separately from the rest of the program. Also, the Swedish-based company does not offer telephone support to Australian users.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCGraduate Reporting/Monitoring AnalystQLD
- CCSystems AnalystACT
- TPGraphic Designer / Digital Content PublisherACT
- FTJava Developer - iSeriesOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTProgram Manager - Digital AND Agile essentialOther
- CCMobile Transmission Planning Engineer x 3NSW
- CCCyber Security Team/stream LeadVIC
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health - 12+ month contractQLD
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram Manager - CRM software solutionsOther
- FTSAP UI5 Developer - Multiple OpportunitiesOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)WA
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTVB DeveloperOther
- TPData AnalystQLD
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther