If you own an action camera, it’s probably a GoPro. But if you are planning on sharing any footage of your latest outdoor adventure with friends and colleagues, you will need more than just hardware. You will need software.
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free
- No real-time protection
True, your existing antivirus program likely has antispyware features of its own. But if you suspect you might have spyware on your PC and you want to double-check your antivirus program's assessment, download Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free for an extra spyware and privacy scan.
The new version of Lavasoft's flagship antispyware application, Ad-Aware 2008 Free, aims to supplement your existing antivirus protection by detecting spyware and privacy risks.
The feature-limited free version lacks real-time protection, and it will discover security or privacy threats only when you run a manual scan. Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free also doesn't automatically update, so before you start a scan, you must click a button on the main window to receive the latest spyware definitions.
You can choose either a 'smart' scan, which focuses on critical parts of your computer, or a full scan that digs in everywhere.
Besides scans, you can run a 'TrackSweep' to clear browsing history, cache elements, cookies, and other data from Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera (although each browser has a similar feature built-in). You'll also see options for Ad-Watch, which actively monitors for threats, and references to other tools and plug-ins, but you have to upgrade from Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free to Plus or Pro to use them.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- Malwarebytes releases 2018 Q3 Cybercrime Tactics and Techniques Report
- Cylance helps Australians stay smart online
- McAfee QTR detects 2018 threat activity
- Formjacking on the rise in lead up to festive shopping period
- McAfee QTR sees cryptocurrency mining surge continue in second quarter
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?