Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free
- No real-time protection
True, your existing antivirus program likely has antispyware features of its own. But if you suspect you might have spyware on your PC and you want to double-check your antivirus program's assessment, download Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free for an extra spyware and privacy scan.
The new version of Lavasoft's flagship antispyware application, Ad-Aware 2008 Free, aims to supplement your existing antivirus protection by detecting spyware and privacy risks.
The feature-limited free version lacks real-time protection, and it will discover security or privacy threats only when you run a manual scan. Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free also doesn't automatically update, so before you start a scan, you must click a button on the main window to receive the latest spyware definitions.
You can choose either a 'smart' scan, which focuses on critical parts of your computer, or a full scan that digs in everywhere.
Besides scans, you can run a 'TrackSweep' to clear browsing history, cache elements, cookies, and other data from Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera (although each browser has a similar feature built-in). You'll also see options for Ad-Watch, which actively monitors for threats, and references to other tools and plug-ins, but you have to upgrade from Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 Free to Plus or Pro to use them.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Cybersecurity is a Shared Responsibility, Warns ESET
- Nest jumps into home security with Nest Secure
- Master Lock bring new Smart Padlocks to Oz
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorACT
- FTService desk supportACT
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- CCFunctional TesterVIC
- CCCall or Contact Centre OperatorNSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst -Other
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Workbrain Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther