Leadtek WinFast A400 6800 GT
- Great software bundle, strong performance
A great software bundle eases the sticker shock, but there are other cards that perform similarly for a lower price
Price$ 990.00 (AUD)
This AGP offering from Leadtek is based on the GeForce 6800 GT, and it requires a fair bit of hardware to keep it cool. Leadtek has employed a large (but relatively quiet) fan, which sits on a thick copper heat sink that encompasses the both GPU and memory chips. As a result, it's a rather heavy card, yet it does not have a double-thickness bracket (like the 6800 Ultra version of this card does). Its performance was very similar to other similarly configured 6800GT cards.
This card is very, very expensive. It does, however, have plenty of bundled software that includes several commercial games, muVee autoProducer and other titles. It also has video-in capabilities, which can be used to capture video from an external source such as a VCR.
The card installed faultlessly on our test system and was very stable throughout testing. It is a well engineered card with a good software bundle, but its price is rather high.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019) review
- 2 Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
- 3 Motorola One Vision Australian review (2019)
- 4 Sony WF-1000XM3 Australian review: Flair, finesse and form
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A70 Australian review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's new mouse has a lot of buttons
- Blue's Yeti X is their first Logitech-integrated microphone
- HyperX show off their answer to the HyperFlux at Gamescom
- Seagate says cloud gaming isn't a threat
- BenQ's new Zowie S gaming mice are arriving this month
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?