Being a tech lover does not exclude loving food too!
Leadtek WinFast A400 6800 GT
- Great software bundle, strong performance
A great software bundle eases the sticker shock, but there are other cards that perform similarly for a lower price
Price$ 990.00 (AUD)
This AGP offering from Leadtek is based on the GeForce 6800 GT, and it requires a fair bit of hardware to keep it cool. Leadtek has employed a large (but relatively quiet) fan, which sits on a thick copper heat sink that encompasses the both GPU and memory chips. As a result, it's a rather heavy card, yet it does not have a double-thickness bracket (like the 6800 Ultra version of this card does). Its performance was very similar to other similarly configured 6800GT cards.
This card is very, very expensive. It does, however, have plenty of bundled software that includes several commercial games, muVee autoProducer and other titles. It also has video-in capabilities, which can be used to capture video from an external source such as a VCR.
The card installed faultlessly on our test system and was very stable throughout testing. It is a well engineered card with a good software bundle, but its price is rather high.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- ASUS introduces Prime X299-Deluxe II and ROG Dominus Extreme
- MSI announces custom GeForce RTX 2070 Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Thor Series Power Supplies
- Microsoft teams up with Razer to bring mouse & keyboard gaming and RGB lighting to Xbox One
- MSI teams up with Sony for the upcoming Venom movie
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?