Legend Digital LSD2
- Simple, effective DVB-T receiver
- No digital outputs, some design issues
Legend Digital's LSD2 offers inexpensive standard definition digital (DVB-T) support.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Legend Digital LSD2 is a digital set-top box designed to receive standard definition digital terrestrial television broadcasts (DVB-T). All the major restraint networks are currently broadcasting in standard definition digital, with a number of broadcasters offering more than one channel.
The silver device measures 30 x 20 x 5cm and would fit neatly into a home entertainment configuration. The front panel sports Exit, Menu and OK buttons, along with a navigation pad and the standby key. The rear panel of the machine is sparse, featuring simply a composite video connector, RCA audio outputs, antenna connectors and a serial port for updates and maintenance (by dealers, not end users), and the machine ships with a basic yet functional remote. The master power button is located on the rear of the machine, just below the power cable. Though a standby button can be found on the front, the positioning of the master power switch is inconvenient.
Channel scanning is relatively quick, and the channel list editor makes it easy enough to arrange the list as you prefer. DVB-T broadcasts are fully supported, but we found a glitch when tuning SBS. Thankfully, there's a troubleshooting guide on the Legend Digital Web site that helped solve the problem.
The machine is able to decode both widescreen and 4:3 aspect ratio broadcasts, and showed no problems with image quality during the test process. Teletext worked without fault, as did the on-screen TV guide.
Strangely, there's a fold-down door on the front face that looks as if it conceals some important functions. It doesn't. In fact, opening it up reveals a couple of blank plastic drive covers and the original beige shade of the plastic casing before Legend sprayed it silver. It doesn't in any way affect the operation of the machine, but it's a little tacky.
If you have been looking to make the move to digital television, but can't yet summon the cash for a full-blown digital TV, you would find the Legend device a capable (if a little unpolished) standard definition set-top box. It comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Project Coordinator/ Business AnalystOther
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTCommercial Business Analyst, TelcoNSW
- FTSecurity Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCHelpdesk Support roleNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT