Lenovo ThinkPad T43p
- Build quality, IBM extras
- No DVD writer
A very nice notebook that could have great if it were not for the lack of a DVD burner.
Price$ 6,199.00 (AUD)
Lenovo's T-series models strive for a balance between performance and portability. Its new Sonoma (915-chipset)-based T43p has a definite security focus, and includes an integrated biometric fingerprint reader on the right palm rest, system-on locking mechanisms and an embedded security subsystem capable of data encryption.
The reviewed T43p had a weight of just 2.3kg, a worst-case scenario battery life of 90 minutes and on-par performance for its configuration.
The 64MB ATI Mobility X300 graphics controller is a bit timid compared to that of many other notebooks, but Lenovo has still given enough pixel-pushing prowess to this business tool to provide decent all-round performance. This model includes a 1.7GHz Intel Pentium M processor, 512MB of DDR2 SDRAM, a 40GB 5400rpm hard disk, hot-swappable modular DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive and a 14.1" display capable of just 1024 x 768.
Every form of connectivity is catered for, including Bluetooth, 802.11b/g wireless networking, Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem. Ports include two USB 2.0 slots and single FireWire, parallel, PS/2, VGA-out, microphone and headphone connections.
Nice additions to this notebook include the use of dual pointing devices, Lenovo extras such as the ThinkLight (which illuminates the keyboard), hard disk shock absorption, Access button support and help and rapid restore and data recovery utilities.
Lenovo provides a three-year warranty with express pickup and delivery if anything goes astray.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - HR SystemsOther
- TPRelease CoordinatorNSW
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSystems Engineering Design Acceptance LeadACT
- CCCloud Engineer - Amazon Web ServicesQLD
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, DesignOther
- CCUser Research - QualitativeACT
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- FTCognos AdministratorOther