Lexar Media 360
- Brilliant cap-free design, PowerToGo software, Compact size
- 2GB maximum, Hinge feels a little flimsy
The Lexar 360 is sure to win a lot of fans due to its stylish yet functional design. If you're sick of losing the caps to your flash drives, then the 360 is tailor-made for you.
Price$ 44.95 (AUD)
When it comes to overall design, most USB flash drives fall into two separate categories -- boring and stupid. The former refers to any number of identikit models that have zero personality, while the latter includes everything from plastic fruit replicas to Swiss army knives. It truly is a rare thing for a drive to combine functionality and unique looks in one package, which is why we're so enamored with the Lexar 360 -- finally, an unusual design that actually serves a purpose!
The Lexar 360 is encased in a rotating metal jacket via a sturdy plastic hinge. Rather like a pocket knife, the drive swings out of the jacket during use, and has 360 degrees of rotation. This effectively eliminates the need for a cap, which is a big plus for people who work in a cluttered office or are just naturally forgetful. Indeed, we can't tell you the amount of times we've misplaced those tiny hard-to-find lids, so the lack of a cap is definitely appreciated.
In addition to allowing a lidless design, the swivel mechanic also means that the 360 is noticeably smaller than the typical flash drive. This makes it ideal for carrying around on your key ring, with a built-in loop handily provided for this very purpose. A blue LED light resides under the plastic hinge, hidden from sight. This causes the hinge to light up subtly while the drive is in use; a classy and elegant touch.
Included on the Lexar 360's drive is PowerToGo, an application that lets you store and access Windows-based software from almost any PC. One of the benefits of this application is that you can use Internet Explorer or similar devices without leaving any traces on the computer your 360 is plugged into. All data, including emails, cookies, history and favourites, remain safely on the drive. You can also use the PowerToGo taskbar to add certified programs directly from Lexar's website, including Skype, Google Talk and Mozilla Firefox.
For the security-conscious, Secure II is included on the drive; an advanced security software tool which lets you create encryption vaults and multiple passwords to keep selected documents hidden.
In terms of speed, the 360 reads and writes at a fairly zippy pace. We transferred 450MB of assorted Word documents and JPEG files in one hit, which took a little under three minutes. According to Lexar, the 360 is capable of minimum sustained speeds of 10MB/s write and 15MB/s read; which should satisfy all but the most impatient technophile.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
- Synology Introduces New Data Storage Solutions for Home and Small Offices
- Western Digital moves on Oz consumers with new storage offering
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- TPProject Manager - IT SecurityQLD
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital/WealthOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- FTProcurement AdvisorACT
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- FTTechnology Project CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther