Need to buy a gift for somebody who loves technology but you can’t afford the big ticket items?
Lexar Media Jumpdrive Secure II Plus
- Nifty storage meter, encryption
- Not super-fast
If the fastest write speeds aren't crucial, but you're looking for good build quality and security features, then the Lexar Jump Drive Secure II Plus is for you.
Price$ 44.93 (AUD)
At first glance the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus looks like a thermometer with a sleek black design. The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus has a nifty 10-bar meter that shows the available storage space even when this USB flash drive is unplugged from the PC.
Once we plugged it the drive into our PC, its performance was comparable to other drives we've tested. The Lexar is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and Mac OS X.
The 4GB Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus recorded an average read speed of 18.88 megabytes per second and an average write speed of 7.32MBps.
We were impressed with the bundled software, which allows you to password-protect multiple areas on the drive (known as Encrypted Vaults) and utilise 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt data.
The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus comes bundled with File Shredder software and a two-year limited warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- Synology Introduces DiskStation DS119j
- Seagate Unveils 14TB data storage portfolio
- QNAP introduces new affordable 3-bay 10GbE NAS
- Crucial launches BX500 SSD
- Crucial launch DDR4 2933 MT/s registered DIMMs
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?