- Easy to use
- Cannot connect to a PC, prints slowly, prints are expensive
While the Lexmark P315 is easy enough to use, it is mediocre in every other area.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Lexmark's P315 is a three-colour thermal inkjet printer that uses a standard Lexmark tricolour cartridge. Unusually, it has no PC connectivity options at all; to print from the P315 you either insert your flash memory card in its card reader slots or connect a camera to the PictBridge port. If you want to print an image from your archives, you'll have to shift it on to a memory card first.
The P315 gives you basic controls to adjust your images via its colour LCD. You can adjust brightness, choose to print in black and white or print just a portion of the image by applying cropping.
The P315 turned out best-quality 4" x 6" prints at a speed of 3 minutes 2 seconds per print in our tests, which is relatively slow compared to other photo printers. Image quality was adequate, but not up to the standard set by dye-sublimation and competing six-colour printers. The prints from the P315 showed noticeable inkjet "dots" and there was some slight banding evident.
During our testing, the P315 managed 80 4" x 6" prints from a full cartridge before quality began to noticeably degrade. That works out at a quite expensive cost per print.
Although it isn't particularly compact, the P315 does come with a carry handle if you want to take it on holiday. It's easy to use and delivers decent prints in a reasonable amount of time. But it doesn't excel in any particular area, and its lack of PC connectivity makes it cumbersome option for anyone who wants to work on their photos before printing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Regulatory and ComplianceOther
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW