- Quiet printing, good quality colour scans, user friendly
- Poor print and copy quality
While this unit has plenty of great features, we were disappointed by its print and photocopy quality. Photo printing may require a little fiddling in an image editor beforehand to get the colour balance correct.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
This good-looking Lexmark model has plenty of user-friendly features. It has a colour LCD, a memory card reader and supports PictBridge.
Its paper rests are permanently attached to the unit, which means that there are no extra fiddly bits when it comes time to set it up. It relies on a two-cartridge print system and does not have individual ink tanks for each colour. The machine has an internal space for a spare ink cartridge, and the scanner bed also has a cool little light indicating which way the paper should be placed for scanning.
During testing, this model was fairly quiet. We found the quality of the prints from the Lexmark to be a little biased to yellow and we also noticed banding in many areas of colour gradations. Because of this, photos may require some adjustment in an image editor before printing. Text printing was excellent though, with crisp and dark characters printing out in normal mode, while quick mode produced grey, yet very readable, characters.
In our tests, colour scans of glossy photos proved to be very detailed, with accurate colour tones. Greyscale images from our art book lacked detail, however, and even though we enabled the descreen filter to remove patterns produced by the source material, the scan suffered from these patterns throughout. OCR software also ships with the MFP and its results were excellent during our tests.
Photocopying text in normal mode produced copies that were quite sharp and easy to read, and only slightly lighter in tone than our original document. Colour photocopies were plagued by banding and colour issues, however, and took a very long time to complete.
The P6250 excels in user-friendliness. Its control panel has large buttons and clear labels for all the copy and scan functions, and the LCD makes it easy to print photos directly from the memory card reader. The supplied PC software, Lexmark Imaging Studio, offers an easy task-based interface for printing, scanning, copying and faxing (assuming your PC has a fax-modem).
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Support/ Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior DevOps EngineerOther
- CCDigital Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPWeb Analytics DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCCisco Communication Engineer / Technician - FIFOWA
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTOpenText ConsultantACT
- FTOracle DBAOther
- TPICT Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTNetwork AdministratorNSW
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTFront-End DeveloperSA
- FTGenesys ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AML -Other
- CCJava Developers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC