Lexmark X422 MFP
- Very fast printing and scanning
- Not-so-good greyscale copying
Flexible paper-handling features and speedy printing make the X422 well suited to busy offices that don't need a full-featured scanner.
Price$ 1,804.00 (AUD)
The Lexmark X422 has both an Ethernet and an integrated automatic duplexer. In addition to faxing, it allows you to send and receive email messages with attachments or Web links.
The X422 has speeds that beat its competitors on almost every front. In our tests, the X422 shot out text documents at 16.9ppm and greyscale graphics at 8ppm. It copied a text document at a quick 6ppm. The X422 also scanned a 4" x 5" colour photo at 100dpi in just 19 seconds.
The fast speeds didn't bring poor results, either. Text looked dark and sharp, and graphics appeared better than those produced by many other MFPs. Though graphics printouts from the X422 exhibited slight banding, our test photograph showed good details. Narrow parallel lines in our line art test document printed distinctly. Copies of a greyscale photo, on the other hand, looked extremely dark, and as a result retained little of the detail of the original. Copies of a text document were very good, comparable in quality to those made by other laser MFPs.
The front panel includes buttons for copying, faxing, sending email, and printing, as well as a number pad for entering fax numbers. Strangely, the X422 lacks a scan button on the console. To scan our colour photo, we had to use a PC and go through Windows XP's scanning driver. While its colour scan quality was good, its greyscale scans were even more impressive. It was still not up to the standard of the Brother MFC-8840DN, however.
With the automatic document feeder, the X422 stands quite tall, so make sure to give it a lot of headroom. Adding an optional paper tray would make it even taller; it comes with a 250-sheet tray, and additional 250 and 500-sheet trays are available. The X422 comes with 128MB of memory, but accommodates up to 384MB.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCRelease Manager (Salesforce)NSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AZURE/ O365Other
- CCPenetration TesterNSW
- FTCommercial Business Analyst, TelcoNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSalesForce AdministratorOther
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD