- 2.4in photo display, allowing you to check and edit photos
- Slow print time for good quality prints
Neither of the new Lexmark wireless multifunction printers is cheap, but the wireless features are well worth looking into. Add to that great ease of use and very competent print quality, and the X4850 is a very decent model for photo enthusiasts.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Designed for the home user, the Lexmark X4850 is a photo printer, copier and scanner all-in-one with a subtle enhancement -- it has wireless capabilities.
In contrast to the mish-mash of models that have traditionally made up the range, Lexmark is now trying to bring a familiar look and feel to all of its printers and multifunction printer, copier, scanners. That means that the Lexmark X4850 seems very similar to the X6570 -- even down to the almost identical price tag.
This resemblance is clearly a very good thing when it comes to ease of use since it means that, just like the X6570, the Lexmark X4850 is one of the simplest of multifunction printers to operate and setup.
Look a little more closely though, and there are some differences. Both all-in-ones come with wireless facilities, but while the X6570 is very much an office model, the Lexmark X4850 is aimed more at photo enthusiasts. So gone are the advanced fax and automatic document feeder facilities. Instead you get a useful 2.4in photo display, allowing you to check and edit photos -- both the X6570 and Lexmark X4850 can scan photos from a USB drive, but only on the Lexmark X4850 can you check the pictures directly from the photo display.
In use, the Lexmark X4850 is actually very similar to the X6570, and we had great difficulty distinguishing prints and scans. This isn't a bad thing, since the X6570's prints were packed with colour but, since the print times are virtually identical, you will have to settle for about 1.4ppm (0.8ppm at the highest quality level) for good quality prints.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ISO9001ACT
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- CCCerner Senior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTIBM Tivoli Network Configuration leadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business Solutions l SydneyACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther