Brought to you by Norton Symantec
- 2.4in photo display, allowing you to check and edit photos
- Slow print time for good quality prints
Neither of the new Lexmark wireless multifunction printers is cheap, but the wireless features are well worth looking into. Add to that great ease of use and very competent print quality, and the X4850 is a very decent model for photo enthusiasts.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Designed for the home user, the Lexmark X4850 is a photo printer, copier and scanner all-in-one with a subtle enhancement -- it has wireless capabilities.
In contrast to the mish-mash of models that have traditionally made up the range, Lexmark is now trying to bring a familiar look and feel to all of its printers and multifunction printer, copier, scanners. That means that the Lexmark X4850 seems very similar to the X6570 -- even down to the almost identical price tag.
This resemblance is clearly a very good thing when it comes to ease of use since it means that, just like the X6570, the Lexmark X4850 is one of the simplest of multifunction printers to operate and setup.
Look a little more closely though, and there are some differences. Both all-in-ones come with wireless facilities, but while the X6570 is very much an office model, the Lexmark X4850 is aimed more at photo enthusiasts. So gone are the advanced fax and automatic document feeder facilities. Instead you get a useful 2.4in photo display, allowing you to check and edit photos -- both the X6570 and Lexmark X4850 can scan photos from a USB drive, but only on the Lexmark X4850 can you check the pictures directly from the photo display.
In use, the Lexmark X4850 is actually very similar to the X6570, and we had great difficulty distinguishing prints and scans. This isn't a bad thing, since the X6570's prints were packed with colour but, since the print times are virtually identical, you will have to settle for about 1.4ppm (0.8ppm at the highest quality level) for good quality prints.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 4 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 5 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?