LG 52LG70YD LCD television
The LG 52LG70YD is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images
- Excellent sound, handy on-screen menus
- Lacks picture-in-picture
The LG 52LG70YD LCD television is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images.
Price$ 4,499.00 (AUD)
It bears a family resemblance to its plasma sibling, the LG 50PG30FD, but the LG Electronics 52LG70YD LCD HDTV is clearly the more advanced model.
Whereas the LG 50PG30's main menu starts with six icons, the LG 52LG70YD adds two more, Input and USB. And unlike with the 50PG30FD, you can plug a flash drive into the LG 52LG70YD to view photos and listen to MP3s.
This model packs four HDMI ports (one more than the LG 50PG30FD) and two optical audio outputs into its 52-inch frame. But it lacks a picture-in-picture mode.
Setup is simple: Well-placed connectors and a setup wizard that asks whether the set needs home or store optimization help things along. And the well-designed, logical on-screen menus simplify day-to-day.
When you press the remote's Input button to change from your cable input to your DVD player (for example), the TV displays icons for all of your inputs; the inputs that are turned on are highlighted and grouped together at the front. Want to adjust the aspect ratio or the TV's backlighting? Press the Q (for Quick) Menu button for instant access to these common options. Those buttons--and others on the long, thin remote--are of good size and are well-placed for the user's thumb. Though the remote lacks backlighting, it (unlike the LG 50PG30FD's remote) can be programmed for use with other devices.
Our PC World Test Center judges rated this model's image quality as average. I saw several faces with the unnatural color and texture of an oil painting rather than human flesh. All of the judges noticed pixelation and other artifacts in various tests, especially during fast action and dissolves. Some images in our tests seemed a bit soft, too, but in general we found the image quality pleasing.
The LG 52LG70YD is a very good HDTV at an acceptable price. But a better TV in the same size category (the Samsung PN50A760) is available at the same price, and you can find pretty good sets (like the Sharp LC46D85X) that are less expensive.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Hisense's 2018 TV Lineup Is 'A Whole Other Story' For Australians
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Sony's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Samsung's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Hisense's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At TCL's Press Conference
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Coordinator - $500 per dayOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- CCIBM Lotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantNSW
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- CCCISCO Project ManagerACT
- FTAPI DeveloperOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- TPSystems Support AnalystQLD
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE) - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTOracle DBAOther
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityVIC
- FTTest Analyst - AGILE- CMS/Digital/Web projectsOther
- FTCRM Solution ArchitectACT
- TPProject Manager - Call Centre ExpansionVIC
- FTPower BI /SQL DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Manager | Onsite ParkingOther
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - OnsiteOther