- Excellent treble, great clarity and definition in all audio, easy to setup
- Slightly weak sub, bass tends to be ever-so-slightly slow at times
This is a great choice for those looking to buy a complete surround sound system that's a step above most other prepackaged units. It does cost more, but the extra quality nevertheless makes it great value.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
LG's AR702TS home theatre system is a 6.1 speaker set combined with a receiver. An excellent option for users looking for a complete package, the high quality of the components and relatively inexpensive RRP make this product great value. Although it still has a few problems, overall it's definitely one of the better home theatre / receiver combos that we've seen.
The AR702TS boasts excellent audio quality, especially in the treble range. Bass and the mid range are both clear and well defined; although at times we did notice that the bass tended to be ever-so-slightly slow, hanging for a split second on quick beats. Treble, on the other hand, is almost flawless, displaying crystal clarity and sharpness through to the very highest notes thrown at it. The entire audio range is well balanced, without any particular frequencies overpowering others.
Volume is adjustable in increments of 0.5dB. Even at the highest volumes, the system avoids excessive distortion, maintaining a clear and full sound. Unfortunately, however, it seems that despite coming with an absolutely massive subwoofer, that these high volumes aren't replicable in the very lowest frequencies. Bass is still loud, but the sub isn't capable of producing the levels of wall-shaking rumble that we would have liked to see. Although the amount of bass is perfectly reasonable for the majority of listeners, those who like to see their furniture vibrate across the room every time there's an explosion may be slightly disappointed.
The design is quite standard, with tall standing front speakers, and horizontal front centre and rear centre speakers. The sub is actually incredibly large, so make sure you've got space for it if you're considering purchasing this system! The receiver is quite simple, with volume and input controls on the front, and a plentitude of composite and analogue audio inputs on the rear, as well as component, coaxial, optical audio, and three HDMI connections (two inputs and one output). A USB connection is also available on the front panel.
The setup was quite quick, considering the size of the system, and we didn't have to screw any stands or wall mounts together, which is always nice. All the necessary wiring is included, and calibrating the speakers is quite easy using the inbuilt speaker tone function.
Inbuilt DTS sound field options really help to highlight various types of music, and unlike with some products we've seen, changing the sound field does create a very noticeable change to the audio.
The AR702TS is a fantastic product, and although relative to other prepackaged systems it's quite expensive, its quality is also significantly greater. Bass fiends are probably the only listeners who wouldn't be satisfied by the system's audio performance, and its incredible treble makes it a fantastic option for lovers of high suspense drama movies or classical music.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCData AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- FTTechnology Project OfficerOther
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM CONSULTANT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - Rail , Develop Strategy. Need RISI cardOther
- FTSenior Project Manager, Facilities & Asset ManagementOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTPermanent: Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant - Cloud - MicrosoftVIC