LG GSA-H10A DVD Burner
- Easily upgradable firmware
- Burnt DVD+R DL discs may not be compatible with older drives
While it boasts a slight speed improvement and its single layer performace was solid, only time (and firmware updates) will tell if it's a better overall driver than its predecessor
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Replacing the ever-popular GSA-4167B is LG's GSA-H10A Super Multi DVD burner, which can burn to the majority of media that are available on the market, including DVD-RAM media (without cartridge).
The drive doesn't look any different from its predecessor and it only possesses a slightly faster DVD+R DL writing speed.
It can write to DVD+R and DVD-R discs at up to 16x, but this speed is only reached at the end of the burn. A full write to store-bought TDK-branded DVD+R and DVD-R discs took 5mins 31sec and 5min 39sec, respectively, and tests with Nero's CD-DVD Speed showed smooth write curves.
While its 8x DVD+R DL writing capability is faster than the 6x speed of the GSA-4167B, it burnt to our 2.4x Verbatim discs at 6x. It took six minutes longer to burn to these discs than the GSA-4167B. This speed is also over 10 minutes slower than the time recorded by the Pioneer DVR-A11XLA, which has been the number one burner on our Best Buys chart.
Playing back the burnt data in Nero's CD-DVD Speed showed a smooth read curve and all burnt discs were read back perfectly on other PCs. Even though the drive automatically changed the book-type of the DVD+R DL discs to DVD-ROM to make them more compatible with older drives, these discs could not be read in our Pioneer A07 drive.
LG ships the drive with a utility for updating the firmware of the drive over the Internet. We used this utility without any problems to update the firmware to JL03 for testing.
Verdict: While it boasts a slight speed improvement and its single layer performance was solid, only time (and firmware updates) will tell if it's a better overall drive than its predecessor.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - $61 p/hrOther
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- CCMicrosoft Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- CCTest Data Management AnalystACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior DevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce Analyst | Scheduler | Calendar ManagementOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC