- Attractive design and image quality, Good contrast ratio
- Gray levels slightly off.
This monitor is a good all-rounder. It can be used for gaming, watching movies and photo viewing. Its styling is sensible and we like the swivelling base. We do wish it had a DVI input though
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
LG's latest 19in LCD offering is a fast-response model with good looks and very good display quality. A 15mm thin bezel gives the monitor plenty of style and its circular stand allows for easy swivelling and tilting. The on-screen display (OSD) can be manipulated by four buttons on the bottom-right of the bezel, and the monitor's menu system allows for adjustments to be made to colour, brightness, contrast and gamma. Lightview buttons can also be used to access built-in presets for various tasks, such as reading text and viewing movies and photos.
The screen is rated as having a 700:1 contrast ratio, which resulted in nice deep blacks and bright whites during testing. Dark colours on a dark background and light colours on a white background could be clearly differentiated.
While its colour was quite rich and vibrant, we did find that some grey levels in the DisplayMate tests were slightly off, possibly due to the dithering technique that the monitor uses to achieve the various shades of grey in its 16.2 million-colour palette. However, when viewing photos we didn't notice any anomalies. Dark shadows, gradients and colour tones all appeared to be perfect.
LG claims an 8ms response time for this screen. Combined with rich colouring and wide viewing angles, this makes it great for watching movies.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Operations AnalystOther
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCLevel 1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther
- FTBackend Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW