LG Prada (KF900) mobile phone
It has a stylish design and the Prada name, but the slide-out QWERTY keyboard and superb touch-screen interface are the real winners
- Design, aesthetics, QWERTY keyboard, simple yet effective interface, speed, HSDPA-capable, Wi-Fi
- Proprietary headphone/charging jack, no GPS, poor browser, expensive
LG's Prada KF900 is proof that fashion phones don’t always have to be all style and no substance. The lack of GPS and a standard headphone jack are downsides, but the QWERTY keyboard is excellent and the interface is a winner.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Looking identical to the original LG Prada phone, the second coming of the Prada mobile phone offers definite improvements over the original. The LG Prada KF900 features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a stylish design and a simple yet effective interface.
The Prada KF900 mobile phone, like its predecessor, has a great design. It is one of the best looking phones on the market, with a gloss black finish and chrome edging. Predictably, the Prada is a fingerprint magnet (so much so that LG even includes a cleaning cloth in the sales package), but it is surprisingly resistant to scratches.
The LG Prada KF900 is slightly chunkier and heavier than the original, but for good reason: the slide-out QWERTY keyboard is the main new addition, and its design and implementation are fantastic. Keys are easy to press, provide good tactility and are well spaced, making typing comfortable and zippy. The keys' white backlight looks superb at night and enhances this phone's credentials as a premium fashion handset. Our only complaint is that the slider wiggles slightly when closed and isn’t as sturdy as we hoped — especially considering the premium price point.
The original LG Prada KE850 was the first full touch-screen phone to be released in Australia. The Prada KF900 shows that touch-screen phones have come a long way in less than two years. The interface takes the best aspects of the original and improves them by adding a rotatable home screen and a carousel-style menu when the keyboard is opened.
The Prada KF900's home screen has a row of easily accessible icons (main menu, dialler, messaging and phonebook), and sliding your finger across the screen left or right reveals two menus: to the left a customisable shortcut page that provides quick access to nine user selectable functions and to the right a widgets menu. A rotatable menu appears when you slide open the keyboard, providing quick access to new messages, calendar, gallery, browser, new e-mails, to-do list and memo functions.
The interface is not only simple and well designed, it's fast. Menus load almost instantly and there is no lag when opening applications. A minor complaint is that it's easy to accidentally make a selection when scrolling through lists. The Prada KF900's touch screen is bright, clear and possesses excellent viewing angles. Glare is an issue when exposed to direct sunlight or florescent lighting indoors.
The LG Prada KF900 improves on its predecessor in terms of features. The phone is 7.2Mbps HSDPA-capable and offers a front-mounted VGA camera for video calling, a full HTML browser and Wi-Fi connectivity; GPS is omitted. The Web browser is a little frustrating. It's not responsive, scrolling is frustrating and the rendering of pages falls short of many competing phones' browsers.
The Prada KF900's digital camera has been upgraded to 5 megapixels and features a Schneider-Kreuznach certified lens, self-portrait mirror and LED flash. It also doubles as a video recorder. The camera interface, like the rest of the phone, is well designed and easy to use, but image quality isn’t outstanding.
The Prada KF900 also features a competent music player. Its functions are fairly basic, though the phone acts as a mass storage device when connected to a PC via USB, and there is A2DP Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming. An FM radio is also present. Unfortunately, the multimedia functions of the phone are let down by the lack of a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. The proprietary headphone/charging port means you can't listen to music and charge the phone simultaneously.
The Prada KF900 offers a number of PIM features, including a voice recorder, alarm clock, calculator, world clock, unit converter, calendar, organiser and stopwatch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject SchedulerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- CCReporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTCRM Business Analysis Senior ConsultantOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTJunior Applications Support AnalystOther
- CCProject MangerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther