- Compact design, Simple to set-up, Its cordless
- Doesn’t have many advanced features
The CIT200 is stylish and very simple to use and comes highly recommended as a VOIP handset.
Price$ 239.95 (AUD)
VoIP (voice over IP) is a neat way of making free or low-cost calls via your PC. It has finally come into its own, having been floating around for a handful of years waiting for both decent-speed broadband and us punters to catch on to its charms.
There are a number of implementations: plug a suitable handset directly into your PC and chat via an instant messaging client; call up other users of a VoIP service; or use VoIP on the go via a smartphone or PDA running Microsoft's Pocket PC 2003 or later. As well as obviating landline telco charges, VoIP has the advantage that you can take your number with you, so you don't have to pay international mobile charges and can appear to be in your office while loafing at home.
We're particularly enamoured of the Linksys handset. It's neat and compact - perfect to take with you and plug into a laptop if you're in a wi-fi hotspot or have mobile broadband.
Setup is simple - you just have to stick the installation disc in your CD-ROM tray and accept the license terms, before plugging in the CIT200's base station. This enables you to walk around using the handset rather than being tethered within five feet of your PC by the cable. Before use you need to charge up the Linksys' two AAA batteries for 14 hours, but after that you're pretty much ready to go.
Calls between you and other Skype users - of which there are some 16 million worldwide - are free, while calls to and from mobiles and international landlines are significantly cheaper than with a fixed line. Think costs akin to those of international calling cards, or visit Skype for a detailed price breakdown.
This neat handset comes with a small wireless USB hub, which means you can chat over Skype even as you pop next door to feed your neighbours' cat. The phone is also brimming with answering, divert and speed-dial functions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Support Officer (Part Time)SA
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSCRUM Master, CXOther
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceACT
- CCTransformation/ Organisational Change ManagerNSW