Linksys EFG250 (EtherFast Network Attached Storage)
- High performance, Gigabit Ethernet support, easy to setup
This business-class network-attached storage device is expensive but offers great features and top performance, plus a simple setup.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
Along with its business-level features, the EFG250's speed justifies its high price.
We tested the Linksys EtherFast Network Attached Storage EFG250 with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity; and when tested on a network of that speed, the device delivered top-notch performance. When used on a regular 100Mbps (Fast) Ethernet network, its performance was just above average.
The EFG250 has an empty bay for adding a second drive, which can be used either to expand storage capacity or to back up the first drive. Both bays come with sliding trays that house the drives and make it easy to swap them out. You can also buy additional drive trays (to which you add your own drives) that let you rotate backups of the main drive easily. The drive bays offer key locks, and the EFG250 provides FTP and HTTP access so remote users can connect to the device.
The EFG250's wizard-based setup was easy--in fact, we had the unit connected and serving data in less than 10 minutes. A Web-based configuration utility lets you set up users, groups and private shared folders.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior System Engineer - Wintel & MacVIC
- CCWebsphere AdministratorsNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTChange Lead - 12 Month Contract!Other
- FTUX DesignerOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTDatastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCCISCO Project ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- CCCloud Release & Deployment ArchitectACT
- CCJava DevelopersQLD
- TPOutlook Support AnalystsVIC
- FTNetwork AdministratorNSW
- TPData ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactQLD