Linksys EFG250 (EtherFast Network Attached Storage)
- High performance, Gigabit Ethernet support, easy to setup
This business-class network-attached storage device is expensive but offers great features and top performance, plus a simple setup.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
Along with its business-level features, the EFG250's speed justifies its high price.
We tested the Linksys EtherFast Network Attached Storage EFG250 with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity; and when tested on a network of that speed, the device delivered top-notch performance. When used on a regular 100Mbps (Fast) Ethernet network, its performance was just above average.
The EFG250 has an empty bay for adding a second drive, which can be used either to expand storage capacity or to back up the first drive. Both bays come with sliding trays that house the drives and make it easy to swap them out. You can also buy additional drive trays (to which you add your own drives) that let you rotate backups of the main drive easily. The drive bays offer key locks, and the EFG250 provides FTP and HTTP access so remote users can connect to the device.
The EFG250's wizard-based setup was easy--in fact, we had the unit connected and serving data in less than 10 minutes. A Web-based configuration utility lets you set up users, groups and private shared folders.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FT.Net Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTUI DesignerOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTJunior BA x 2Other
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!VIC
- FTProgram Project Manager, Business Technology EnablementOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Program ManagerOther
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTHelpDesk Support TechnicianOther
- FTJava Developer (Axway API)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial Services | $880/dayQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTLevel 2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTC# .Net Developer | Fintech Products | Market LeaderOther
- CCDesktop Support Technician - Karratha basedWA
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorVIC