"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
- Extends your routers signal
- Didn't detect our router and had to be manually setup, not protected against security breaches
Solid without being inspiring, the Linksys WRE54G is a decent Wi-Fi extender. There are cheaper alternatives, however.
Price$ 130.00 (AUD)
Linksys' Wi-Fi extender is an elegant slim box designed to be hung on the wall, high up preferably.
It's a wireless extender and so takes the signal from your existing router and rebroadcasts or repeats the signal. Recent firmware bestowed WPA wireless security on this device which was beginning to show its age.
Talking of which, if you're mad enough to run an unprotected wireless network, setting up the Linksys WRE54G couldn't be simpler – you press the auto-configure button on the side and when both the link and activity status LEDs turn blue you're in business.
If you run a secure Wi-Fi network you need to temporarily hook up an Ethernet cable to it (the port is hidden away under a flap) and run the setup wizard on the installation CD.
Bizarrely, it could not detect the Linksys WRE54G, despite being directly connected to it and so we had to resort to manually setting up, via the device's Web interface.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 8 Sirocco review: A unique flagship that's more of a mutation than a market-leader
- 3 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 4 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 5 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
Latest News Articles
- Computex 2018: ASUS mesh router with built-in Alexa smart speaker confirmed for Australia
- Computex 2018: Synology debut first mesh router
- Symantec confirm Norton Core router for Australian market
- D-Link brings Covr Wi-Fi System to Australia
- Netgear announce sponsorship with NRG Esports
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?