FontExplorer X 2.0
For any designer, font-management is a constant source of headaches
- Create smart sets, integrates with all leading creative applications
- Absence of one-click filters, complex interface
FontExplorer X Pro might not be the most exciting application a designer can install Ᾱ but you’ll be guaranteed to make use of it every day. It’s close to being a ‘must-have’ for Mac-based graphics freelancers.
For any designer, font-management is a constant source of headaches, and one that requires specialist software to manage. Whether you’re working in editorial, advertising or web design, it’s likely that your machine is clogged with system-hogging faces that make sharing files with colleagues and clients a problem — especially if you’ve got several versions of the same font.
That’s where tools like Linotype’s FontExplorer X Pro come in. The name understates the power of this industrial-strength tool. While font managers allow you to preview, add and remove fonts, FontExplorer X Pro integrates with your key applications and enables you to accomplish those tasks within them. You can also customize previews, create active font sets and find missing fonts — and even buy replacement faces from within the application.
The main application collates and backs up the fonts already on your machine, whether they’re installed system fonts or application-specific, giving you access to everything in one place. From there you can arrange fonts into sets manually, or create smart sets.
Like an iTunes Smart Playlist, a smart set is a set of files that meet configurable criteria. You can group fonts by creator, application, family and a couple dozen more criteria. Then, like some omnipotent god of fonts, you can deactivate whole typeface swathes in a single click.
Plug-ins connect FontExplorer to design applications like Photoshop, InDesign and QuarkXPress, giving you much-needed control over how you handle text styles in those programs. The installation process is pretty seamless and is reversible.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- Nest jumps into home security with Nest Secure
- Google kicks off Android One in the U.S. with the Project Fi-equipped Moto X4
- Shopping site leaks Microsoft Surface Pro LTE price, features, and December ship date
- Apple Watch Series 3 reviews: The good, the bad, and the ugly
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- FTSystems Co-ordinator / AdministratorOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTAEM DeveloperOther
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- FTMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst with Student Management SystemOther
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- TPOragnisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTSplunk DeveloperVIC