- Great CD performance
- Slow, somewhat unreliable DVD writing
We recommend this drive for users who are after excellent CD based performance but aren't too fussed about DVD performance.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
LiteOn drives generally cut the mustard quite well in our reviews, even though they can be loud and clumsy looking. They are often the enthusiast's drive of choice due to the availability of a utility that lets users change the book-type of DVD media, forcing DVD-R, DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs to be burnt as DVD-ROM discs in a bid to make them readable in players that generally don't accept those discs.
If you plan to burn DVD+R DL discs with this drive, then you will require a lot of patience. Our 2.4X DVD+R DL discs took over 44 minutes to complete, even though Nero reported a 4X transfer rate during the burn. Single layer burns were also quite slow, and this drive was not capable of burning to our 8X DVD-R discs at 8X; instead the maximum transfer rate it could use on these discs was 6X. Nero CD/DVD Speed reported this drive to be using the CAV method for writing and reading. It also produced a "coaster" during our DVD+R burning test.
A test of dual layer burning produced a disc that could not be read in our old Pioneer 106D DVD burner. It was picked up without problems in our Zensonic Z330 media player, though.
It wasn't all gloom for this drive though, as it produced some of the finest CD burning and reading results in our tests.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- CCLead Technical Specialist - NetApp Storage and BackupVIC
- FTUI DesignerOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTSenior Transition Manager (Permanent)Other
- CCOffice365 ProPlus SpecialistNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- TPSupport OfficerQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer (Permanent Opportunity)QLD
- CCMicrosoft Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJava Developer (Axway API)Other
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- CCAutomation & Robotics Support Analyst - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager, Construction UpgradesNSW
- FTBusiness Connection Manager (Telco/Operations)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- TPEnterprise Architect | QLD Health | $1173/day | BrisbaneNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW