Logic3 i-Station Rotate iPod dock
The Logic3 i-Station Rotate iPod dock pumps out plenty of volume and lets you rotate your iPod when you want to watch videos
- Rotatable iPod dock, good treble audio, portable
- Can't handle deep bass, occasionally lacks mid-range frequency distinction, remote control doesn't have full menu control when iPod is rotated
The Logic3 i-Station Rotate is a useful iPod dock built with video playback and portability in mind. Although bass and mid-range aren't up to scratch, it pumps out plenty of sound for such a small portable speaker system.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The Logic3 i-Station Rotate is a portable iPod dock that has a video out port and speakers. You can rotate a docked iPod or iPhone 90 degrees to get the most out of videos.
Rather than have a small fixed port as found in other iPod docks, the Logic3 i-Station Rotate's dock connector rotates anti-clockwise 90 degrees. A rubber stopper sits in the lower-left corner of the docking section, but thinner iPods like the Apple iPod Touch are able to move about too much. This could lead to the connector being damaged if the iPod is bumped too often.
Although movies are playable when an iPod is rotated, the iPod's menu isn't controllable from the remote in this mode. The remote has full control of compatible iPods when in a vertical position. A composite video port sits on the back of the Logic3 i-Station Rotate, so you can play the videos on your television or monitor. The lack of composite audio ports means that all sound will be played through the iPod dock's speakers.
The Logic3 i-Station Rotate iPod dock's other main selling point is its portability. Four AA sized batteries can be plugged into the back, while Logic3 bundles a padded carry-case in the sales package. The two feet that hold the unit upright can be flipped into the main body.
The speakers deliver decent treble and mid-range, but the dock suffers from a lack of bass, as indicated by the frequency response of 200Hz-20KHz. Our attempts to play the track "Addicted to Bass" by Josh Abrahams resulted in weak lower-end notes and a lack of richness.
Treble is much better — as heard in our test track of Carmen's Habanera as sung by Opera Australia — thanks to the two 22mm tweeters. The high notes were clear and there was no distortion until the volume was set to its highest level. Even then, we were impressed by the Logic3 i-Station Rotate iPod dock's relatively clear sound at full volume.
The mid-range performance is mixed, with the Logic3 i-Station Rotate iPod dock occasionally blending the lower and mid-range frequencies. This means that in some tracks, like "Ice Cream" by New Young Pony Club, the individual notes were less separated than they should've been.
The Logic3 i-Station Rotate is a portable iPod dock that is easily transportable, produces loud audio with little distortion and can dock iPods in the best position to play videos. Although we think the sound quality should be better at this price, if you're looking for a video-friendly iPod dock to use on the move, this is a worthwhile choice.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- FTSAP UI5 Developer - Multiple OpportunitiesOther
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior DevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager | 12mth ContractOther
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- CCProject Administrator OR project coordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial ServicesQLD
- FTFull stack DeveloperOther
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerVIC
- FTIT Support OfficerWA
- CCNetwork operation engineerVIC
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCDesktop EngineerQLD
- CCProcess Improvement LeadNSW
- FTICT Solution ArchitectACT