"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Logitech ClearChat Premium
This cheap and simple Logitech headset offers decent sound quality and a good microphone.
- Comfortable, decent sound, sound from microphone is clear
- Ear-pads can get sweaty, swing-out microphone is flimsy
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a simple VoIP and gaming headset with good sound quality, a comfortable design and a high quality microphone. It’s appropriate for voice chat or listening to MP3s.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a PC gaming and VoIP headset that does everything it is designed for — it’s acceptable for listening to MP3s, it recreates game audio well, and the microphone is good enough for chatting.
Sporting a black and grey colour scheme, the Logitech ClearChat Premium is nothing special to look at. The ear-cups are padded with smooth faux-leather plastic and fit comfortably. The microphone is attached to the right ear-cup with a swinging joint, giving it a wide range of movement.
One thing that can be annoying is that the microphone can get tangled in the cable. The ear-pads also have a tendency to get slightly sweaty — this is not an issue unless you intend to wear them for several hours on end.
The headphone cable has an in-line volume control for the headphones and a mute button for the microphone. It terminates in two 3.5mm plugs — one for audio and one for the microphone.
Sound quality from the Logitech ClearChat Premium is good for a set of headphones costing less than $50. Overall the headphones have a very warm sound, with upper treble rolling off quite quickly and muffling the high notes in our test tracks. Mid-range frequencies are dominant, with decent detail audible. This makes the headphones a good choice for voice communication. There is no rumbling or booming bass though, so the ClearChat Premium is not well suited to video watching or PC gaming.
The microphone is of good quality; it’s nothing you could record vocals with, but it will be more than acceptable for in-game chat or Skype communication with your friends.
There’s nothing obvious to criticise about the Logitech ClearChat Premium headset. The build quality is acceptable — and the sound quality is more than acceptable for its price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics Announce Backbeat Go 600 Wireless Headphones
- HyperX target console-crowd with Cloud Stinger Core headset
- Computex 2018: ROG cover all the bases with new Delta gaming headset
- Apple launched new Beats collection to celebrate 10 year anniversary
- Sony confirm Xperia Ear Duo for Australian market
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?