Logitech ClearChat Premium
This cheap and simple Logitech headset offers decent sound quality and a good microphone.
- Comfortable, decent sound, sound from microphone is clear
- Ear-pads can get sweaty, swing-out microphone is flimsy
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a simple VoIP and gaming headset with good sound quality, a comfortable design and a high quality microphone. It’s appropriate for voice chat or listening to MP3s.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Logitech ClearChat Premium is a PC gaming and VoIP headset that does everything it is designed for — it’s acceptable for listening to MP3s, it recreates game audio well, and the microphone is good enough for chatting.
Sporting a black and grey colour scheme, the Logitech ClearChat Premium is nothing special to look at. The ear-cups are padded with smooth faux-leather plastic and fit comfortably. The microphone is attached to the right ear-cup with a swinging joint, giving it a wide range of movement.
One thing that can be annoying is that the microphone can get tangled in the cable. The ear-pads also have a tendency to get slightly sweaty — this is not an issue unless you intend to wear them for several hours on end.
The headphone cable has an in-line volume control for the headphones and a mute button for the microphone. It terminates in two 3.5mm plugs — one for audio and one for the microphone.
Sound quality from the Logitech ClearChat Premium is good for a set of headphones costing less than $50. Overall the headphones have a very warm sound, with upper treble rolling off quite quickly and muffling the high notes in our test tracks. Mid-range frequencies are dominant, with decent detail audible. This makes the headphones a good choice for voice communication. There is no rumbling or booming bass though, so the ClearChat Premium is not well suited to video watching or PC gaming.
The microphone is of good quality; it’s nothing you could record vocals with, but it will be more than acceptable for in-game chat or Skype communication with your friends.
There’s nothing obvious to criticise about the Logitech ClearChat Premium headset. The build quality is acceptable — and the sound quality is more than acceptable for its price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCProject Manager (Junior-Mid Level)QLD
- FTPython DevelopersOther
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneSA
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-GenesysNSW
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Field EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- CCSCCM Deployment TechnicianACT
- FTFacilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- FTPermanent .Net Developer roleACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analysts (SAS, SAP UI5, or SQL) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- TPData ScientistACT
- FTClinical IT Support Consultant - Medication Management - Permanent - North RydeNSW