Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser
- Design, comfort, looks, Bluetooth receiver acts as hub, MediaPad doubles as remote control
- Price, software, setup, no caps lock light
The diNovo Media Desktop Laser is one of the most feature packed keyboard and mouse packages on the market, but it's not worth the asking price. If you want the best of the best, it is worth a look, but there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
Logitech's latest solution to your PC's peripheral needs is a package of wireless, Bluetooth input devices. The diNovo Media Desktop Laser consists of an ultra-flat keyboard, an MX900 mouse and a MediaPad, which acts a numeric keypad and a media control device, but its high price is a turn off.
The diNovo keyboard uses a stylish design with slim, recessed keys and has a sophisticated, yet minimalist feel to it. After typing on it for a number of weeks, we were very impressed. The lowered keys mean the pressure required to type is greatly reduced, speeding up the typing process, and we found after continued daily usage that typing was more efficient and more comfortable. The rubber wrist pad at the bottom of the diNovo is also very comfortable, further improving the overall experience.
Both the diNovo keyboard and the MediaPad are relatively shallow, but they keyboard can be propped up by flip out supports on the bottom. The MediaPad doesn't have supports, so it doesn't sit at the same height as the keyboard does. However, as it's been designed to be used remotely, away from your PC, this isn't too much of an issue.
The keyboard includes plenty of media controls. There are Internet, e-mail and synchronise hotkeys, a sleep key, as well as volume, mute and media playback controls. The media playback controls also double on the MediaPad. One thing missing is a caps lock light, but a message is displayed on the PC's screen when this is toggled on and off. As it's unwired the keyboard runs on four AA batteries.
The diNovo MediaPad has a number of uses. It is a numeric keypad, a calculator, and a remote control for audio and video playback or photo viewing on the PC. Logitech includes its MediaLife software, which enables remote media access when at a distance from the computer. Although Logitech has designed the MediaPad for use as a remote, its rather large size means it won't fit in the palm of your hand, so it needs two hands to operate effectively.
The MediaPad also has a small LCD that displays the time and date, media track information, notifies of any new emails and reads messages from Bluetooth phones and MSN Messenger. Bluetooth messaging may sound like an impressive feature, but its implementation is less than successful. Connecting a mobile phone to the diNovo's Bluetooth network so you can receive messages on the LCD screen is both cumbersome and tricky, and really not worth the hassle.
The diNovo package includes an MX900 mouse. Like the keyboard, the mouse is comfortable to use with a good grip, although its large size may be an issue for those with smaller hands. Despite this, it's fairly accurate and has plenty of buttons, including back, forward, an application switcher (similar to using Alt-Tab on a keyboard), a four-way scroll wheel and cruise up/down buttons. The mouse also has three LED lights to notify users of battery level. Logitech includes a convenient desktop charger for the mouse.
Setup took a little longer than we expected and the software isn't the best. Logitech advises users remove any previously installed Bluetooth components before installing the diNovo. An advantage of the diNovo's Bluetooth receiver is that it acts as a Bluetooth hub when connected, allowing connection of multiple Bluetooth devices to your PC - such as mobile phones, printers and wireless headphones. All in all, setup and installation took about half an hour.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- CES 2018: Intel announces new 8th-Gen Vega M-integrated processors
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCJunior to Mid-level Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- FTExecutive AssistantOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTTest Analyst - SAP ERPOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTProject Manager - NSW Health exp essentialOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCITSM Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest Manager - InfrastructureOther
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCIT Service Desk SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- TPSecurity ConsultantNSW