Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
This keyboard features back-lit keys and a well-crafted design.
- Ultra-thin design, excellent key layout, adjustable key backlighting, near-silent operation, comfortable
- Not wireless, a little expensive, lack of Fn key on the left side of the keyboard
If you can live with a wired keyboard, Logitech's Illuminated Keyboard is one of the best available. However, it’s a little overpriced.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
Logitech's Illuminated Keyboard features backlit keys, an ultra-thin design and the PerfectStroke key system. Although it's not wireless, it is one of the better keyboards on the market.
The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard's matte black finish gives it an aura of sophistication and class, and the clear plastic bezel surrounding the keyboard is a nice design touch. At just 9.3mm thick, the Illuminated Keyboard is extremely slim and low, but it can be propped up by supports that reside on the bottom. These flip-out plastic legs are small but sturdy.
The keyboard is definitely comfortable to use. At the front there is a serviceable rubber-style wrist rest; it’s a shame it can't be removed as many users are cramped for space and would appreciate a smaller footprint. The wrist rest also tends to attract grubby fingermarks due to its finish.
The keys provide excellent tactility and are well spaced. Aside from the insert, print screen and pause/break buttons being shifted to the top row instead of sitting in their usual place, the layout of keys is excellent. The backlit keys are impressive and are a godsend at night or in dim lighting. Rather than leak through the spaces in between keys, the backlighting is restricted to the character on a key. The backlighting can be adjusted by a key in the top right corner of the keyboard; there are four brightness levels available and you can also completely turn it off if you wish.
Strangely, the top row of F-keys isn't backlit, though the orange symbols that appear above them are. One other minor complaint is the lack of a function key (Fn) on the left side of the keyboard; you need this key to access the one-touch controls that allow you to adjust volume and offer instant access to programs such as your media player, e-mail client and Web browser.
The Illuminated Keyboard also boasts what Logitech has dubbed PerfectStroke, which allows for longer key travel. The pressure required to type is greatly reduced, speeding up the typing process. After continual daily use over a period of three weeks, the Illuminated Keyboard made our typing more efficient. Additionally, typing is near-silent, making this keyboard an ideal choice if you don't want to disturb your colleagues.
The Illuminated Keyboard connects via a USB cable and is plug-and-play. However, if you want to use the shortcut keys you'll need to install the included SetPoint software.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCUser Experience DesignersACT
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTTechnology Project CoordinatorOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCKofax DeveloperVIC
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other