Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad
Logitech's Keyboard case for iPad offers an excellent typing experience but minimal protection
- Excellent typing experience
- Good battery life
- Protects the iPad's screen
- No rear iPad protection
- Awkward to remove iPad from case
- Raised edges dig into palms
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad provides an excellent typing experience, but offers minimal protection for the iPad compared to other keyboard folio style cases. Provided you store your iPad in a bag or sleeve when not in use, we found Logitech's solution one of the best keyboard accessories on the market.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad was originally designed for the iPad 2, but works perfectly with the new iPad, too. It's a protective keyboard case with a slight twist, offering an excellent typing experience on the whole, but lacking the protection of many folio-style alternatives.
Unlike many other iPad keyboard cases on the market, the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad is more keyboard than case. Its basically a flat slab that consists largely of a physical keyboard. A recessed slot just above the keyboard holds the iPad in either portrait or landscape modes. When not in use, you simply flip the iPad screen down onto the keyboard where four rubber corners hold it into place.
There are a couple of real benefits to this design. Firstly, the keyboard itself is slightly larger than many folio alternatives. Keys are still smaller than a full-sized, regular keyboard, but the difference isn't huge. The extra space provides a good typing experience, but more importantly, an experience that feels natural.
The keys are spring loaded, provide good tactility and all the major keys are just where they should be. A row of iOS function keys sit on the top row and include functions like hiding and showing the on-screen keyboard, spotlight search, copy and paste, slideshow and media playback controls.
The design of the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad looks the part, too. The metallic silver finish on the bottom almost perfectly matches the aluminium finish on the back of the iPad itself. When not in use, the iPad's screen is completely protected and fits snugly in the case.
There are a few issues with the design of the Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad, however. It provides no protection for the rear of your iPad, which is arguably the most scratch-prone part of the device. The design also hinders the typing experience thanks to the metal edges of the case. While these are required in order to keep the iPad snug and secure when not in use, they are raised around the keyboard and dig into your palms when typing.
The iPad is very difficult to remove from the case. The recessed edge on the front of the keyboard gives you a convenient spot to dig your fingers into to pry it out, but it's an awkward experience. Finally, the angle of the iPad's screen isn't adjustable. We found the angle perfect for most usage scenarios, but those who may want to position the iPad at odd angles will be left disappointed.
The Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad charges via USB and Logitech includes a USB to micro-USB charging cable in the box. Logitech says the keyboard's battery will last "several weeks with average usage", though goes onto state that "high usage levels may cause the battery not to last as long." In more than two weeks of testing, using the keyboard almost every day, we only had to charge the battery once.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces a new ruggedised Tablet optimised for business users
- Samsung Introduces the New Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0
- Alcatel PLUS 12 Takes Portable Productivity to New Heights with First 2-In-1
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTSenior SQL Server Infrastructure Engineer/DBAOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTPublic Cloud Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation Tester - MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLEQLD
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCBRM Developer - Billing and ReportingVIC
- TPManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTMS Azure Senior EngineerOther
- TPSenior Program OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst Business Intelligence QlikVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther