Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Logitech LS21 PC speakers
A small 2.1 speaker system with versatile sound and great looks
- Classy styling, good treble and mid-bass
- No lower bass, low maximum volume
For listening to music while using your computer the Logitech LS21 speaker system is more than powerful enough. These PC speakers lose a bit of their lustre in larger rooms as the maximum volume is quite low, but as a budget system the Logitech LS21 is hard to beat.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
The Logitech LS21 is a stereo PC speaker system with two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The sound it creates is well suited to small rooms, as mid-bass and treble are prominent. In larger rooms the speakers may sound tinny and hollow, however. When you consider that you can pick these speakers up for a street price of around $30, they become even more attractive.
The Logitech LS21 PC speaker system comprises two single-driver satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The two speakers have around two metres of cable hard-wired in, allowing for a little flexibility with placement around the subwoofer. A wired volume control is connected to the subwoofer — again, by around two metres of cable — and includes a power switch and headphone jack. Every component apart from the subwoofer is finished in the same piano-black coating with silver accents; an almost identical design to the HP w2448hc LCD monitor we coincidentally set them up next to.
The satellites are smaller than most we've seen: 14cm tall and 9cm wide. Since the subwoofer only uses a 4in driver it has a very small enclosure — significantly smaller than some bookshelf speakers we've seen — at a mere 19cm tall and 14cm wide. We weren't expecting much from these PC speakers but we were pleasantly surprised.
In a small room the speakers are in their element. Maximum volume levels are not high, but if you're sitting less than two metres away they will be more than sufficient. Treble levels from the satellite speakers are good, with high notes rich in detail without being harsh or shrill. Mid-bass — solely reproduced by the 4in speaker of the subwoofer — was somewhat bloated and lacking detail, but with the subwoofer tuned to around half the volume of the satellites it provided a pleasant accompanying kick to music. There is no lower bass to be found — there's simply not enough power — but let's be honest, we weren't expecting any from a system costing less than $30 on the street.
As a budget speaker system for listening to music on your PC and gaming, the Logitech LS21 is a great contender in its price bracket.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Airplay 2 available on Sonos
- Optoma Launches Home Theatre Series
- Federal court upholds LG verdict over misleading representations
- Voice Assistant use to grow 1000% to reach 275 million by 2023, Juniper says
- Nvidia to bring Shield TV to Australian market
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?