Logitech Pure-Fi Mobile
A versatile speaker system that's ideal for travellers
- Design and build quality, speakerphone performance, versatility
- Average sound quality, hissing evident in Bluetooth mode
It doesn’t provide the best sound quality, but for travellers its versatility makes the Pure-Fi Mobile an appealing speaker system.
Price$ 229.00 (AUD)
A versatile portable speaker system that also boasts the ability to handle phone calls, Logitech's Pure-Fi Mobile features Bluetooth, meaning it can handle A2DP music streaming. Although this is a handy feature, the Pure-Fi is ultimately let down by average sound quality.
In terms of design, this is one of the better looking portable speaker units on the market. The Pure-Fi Mobile stands out thanks to a gloss front finish, silver sides and a rubberised rear casing. Its compact design makes it ideal to take with you when travelling, and the build quality means you shouldn't have too many issues in this regard: the Pure-Fi Mobile feels sturdy and capable of taking a few knocks.
The controls all sit along the top of the unit and the buttons are raised enough to ensure comfort and tactility. Operation is straightforward, and the buttons are conveniently divided into sections. On the left are call-handling controls, including answer call, end call and mute keys. In the middle lies a power button and source key, the latter switching between the Pure-Fi Mobile's three modes: Bluetooth, USB and line-in. On the right, Logitech has included volume controls and a 3D Surround Sound button.
Using the Pure-Fi Mobile is simple. The unit runs off an internal rechargeable battery that Logitech claims will last for up to 12 hours; it comes fully charged out of the box. Press the power button to turn the unit on and use the source button to select an audio mode. For Bluetooth, holding down the source button until the Bluetooth light flashes puts the unit in pairing mode, allowing you to connect it to your A2DP compatible mobile phone.
The audio quality of the Pure-Fi Mobile varies depending on what mode you use it in. Obviously quality while using Bluetooth audio streaming doesn't compare to using a regular device with a 3.5mm headphone jack. In Bluetooth mode there is a slight hissing sound in the background while music is playing; on soft tunes this quickly becomes annoying. The volume level at the highest setting is also marginally lower in Bluetooth mode.
While using the unit with a device that has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack or with a PC in USB mode, sound is marginally better but still not great. Considering the size of the unit, we weren't surprised to learn that audio levels at the highest volume aren't loud enough to fill even a small-sized room with sound. We also expected better clarity. The Pure-Fi also suffers from poor instrumental separation, with individual elements in the music being washed-out at decent volume levels. For travellers, the audio won't really be an issue, but those looking for quality are best advised to look elsewhere.
A useful feature of the Pure-Fi Mobile is its ability to work as a wireless speakerphone to handle phone calls. According to Logitech, it features two built-in microphones — one to pick up vocal nuances and the other to monitor and block unwanted background noise. Both incoming and outgoing audio levels were loud and clear and we managed to hold a conversation at least five or six metres away from the unit.
Logitech includes a zip-up case and an AC charger in the sales package, and the unit can also be charged through a PC via the included standard mini-USB cable.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
- Tech21 Announces New Phone Protection For Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTDigital Copywriter/ Content ProducerOther
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersVIC
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ? Digital ProgramQLD
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA