Logitech V450 Nano
Wireless laser mouse with a tiny receiver
- Design, comfortable, tiny USB receiver
- A little heavy, Bluetooth connectivity may be more appealing
The V450 Nano is ideal if you are after a basic notebook mouse and its long battery life makes it especially appealing for frequent travellers.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
Designed specifically for notebooks, the V450 Nano boasts laser precision for smooth curser control and an ergonomic design with rubber side grips. Best of all, this compact mouse has a USB receiver barely larger than a coin.
Aesthetically, the V450 Nano is largely unremarkable but it’s a comfortable mouse to use. The rubber side grips are a welcome inclusion, while the curves and general design of this mouse make it effortless to grip. It is a little heavy with batteries installed, but this isn’t really an issue during general use.
The mouse requires two AA batteries, which are included in the package. The batteries aren’t rechargeable, but Logitech claims a 12-month battery life if you switch the mouse off when you aren't using it. We had no way of testing this claim; for frequent users a set of rechargeable alkaline batteries would probably be a wise investment.
A neat feature of the V450 is its receiver. About the size of a 10 cent coin, the Nano receiver has been designed to plug into your notebook permanently so the mouse can always be ready to use. Its size makes it ideal for regular travellers. Conveniently, you can also store the receiver in a small compartment inside the mouse itself — a handy feature considering its size and the fact that it could easily be lost. However, most notebooks come with Bluetooth connectivity, so a wireless Bluetooth mouse may be more appealing because you won't need to plug in a receiver.
The V450 has left and right buttons and a scroll-wheel button. The scroll-wheel is comfortable and has slight resistance, so it’s not too smooth. The left and right buttons are easy to press and tactility is fair.
Although Logitech includes a CD in the sales package, there is no need for software to be installed as this is a plug and play device. Once you plug in the USB receiver and turn on the mouse you are up and running in a matter of seconds. The included SetPoint software does allow customisation of the buttons and the scroll wheel, though.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- FTProject SchedulerQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- CCLinux / Devops EngineerNSW
- CCMean Stack Developers x4ACT
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers SydneyNSW
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportQLD