Logitech Washable Keyboard K310
This keyboard is great if you're prone to eating and spilling at your computer, but it's not comfortable to use
- Easy to clean
- Uncomfortable to use
- Can take a while to dry
Logitech's Washable Keyboard K310 can be cleaned gently with a brush or submerged in water and scrubbed. It's great for anyone who needs a washable keyboard for a dirty work environment, but it's not very comfortable to use due to spaced keys and somewhat poor sensitivity.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
On the surface, the Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 sounds like a great idea. With so much dust and dirt regularly falling between the gaps on keyboards, it would make life easier to just throw your keyboard under a running tap and wash it away.
But putting ideas into practical products is the hard part, and Logitech seems to have missed a couple of things.
Firstly, the keys have a wide spacing, making it difficult for those of you who don’t touch type. After only a couple of hours of use, we felt a muscle strain in the hand from using the product, attributable to having to stretch out our fingers to reach keys.
Due to the spacing of the keys and their sensitivity, we made more frequent typos with this keyboard than when we used a regular keyboard. Repeated use of the keyboard didn’t really help to lessen typos either. The keys feel foreign — from the way they press down to the sound they make when you type. Even after a solid week of use, we weren't able to get used to it and found the constant typos annoying.
However, Logitech has been smart with some design features. The raised profile of the keys means food doesn’t fall in between the gaps when you eat at your desk and the small brush which is provided with the keyboard easily brushes away dust.
The keyboard is also easy to wash, and that's the main selling point — it can be submerged in up to 11 inches of water. Running our hands along the letters on the keyboard, all dirt and dust came off the keyboard without us having to scrub it; but you could scrub it if you wanted to since the key characters are laser printed and UV-coated so they won't fade away.
Following the instructions in the manual, it's annoying that the keyboard needs to be left to dry for at least eight hours after a wash — if it’s the only keyboard you have, the only option for washing it is at the end of the day and leaving it to dry overnight.
It’s a shame that the Logitech Washable Keyboard isn’t easier to use. If Logitech could make it more comfortable to use, it would be a great product for homes and offices.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPMO LeadVIC
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- FTAdvice Trainer / AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Non ITNSW
- FTSAP EMAOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTWorkspace/ Workplace Lead/ Manager - ABW environmentOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC