- Excellent sound, convenience of wireless, easy to set up
- Too expensive, not as loud as wired versions
These wireless surround speakers sound great, but the convenience will cost you
Price$ 799.95 (AUD)
Logitech's latest high-end speakers should appeal to anyone who has ever tripped over cables or laboured to hide the wires connecting a surround-sound setup.
The company's Z-5450 Digital Speakers system features wireless rear satellites. That convenience comes at a high price, however. And although the shipping set we tested sounded great, the speakers couldn't quite match the output of less-expensive, more-powerful wired surround setups, including Logitech's own Z-5500 package.
Both music and DVD movies sounded clear and crisp through the system's five satellite speakers and generous 200-watt subwoofer, though deeper-bass soundtracks - such as the one for The Fifth Element, with its rumbling starships--lacked a bit of detail. According to Logitech, the rear satellites are capable of switching among 38 channels in the 2.4-GHz band to avoid interference with cordless phones and other wireless devices. Throughout our tests, we didn't detected any distortion or dropped connections from the rear-channel speakers.
Setup was easy (each of the rear speakers requires a power outlet), and the system produced remarkably transparent sound with minimal tweaking of speaker placement.
The Z-5450 speakers are a sensible choice if your room would benefit greatly from going wireless. But in our experience, wired systems from Logitech and Klipsch offer better sound and slightly more solid construction for less. If wireless isn't a priority for you, one of those options may be the way to go.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Java/OSB/BPELVIC
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC