- Excellent sound, convenience of wireless, easy to set up
- Too expensive, not as loud as wired versions
These wireless surround speakers sound great, but the convenience will cost you
Price$ 799.95 (AUD)
Logitech's latest high-end speakers should appeal to anyone who has ever tripped over cables or laboured to hide the wires connecting a surround-sound setup.
The company's Z-5450 Digital Speakers system features wireless rear satellites. That convenience comes at a high price, however. And although the shipping set we tested sounded great, the speakers couldn't quite match the output of less-expensive, more-powerful wired surround setups, including Logitech's own Z-5500 package.
Both music and DVD movies sounded clear and crisp through the system's five satellite speakers and generous 200-watt subwoofer, though deeper-bass soundtracks - such as the one for The Fifth Element, with its rumbling starships--lacked a bit of detail. According to Logitech, the rear satellites are capable of switching among 38 channels in the 2.4-GHz band to avoid interference with cordless phones and other wireless devices. Throughout our tests, we didn't detected any distortion or dropped connections from the rear-channel speakers.
Setup was easy (each of the rear speakers requires a power outlet), and the system produced remarkably transparent sound with minimal tweaking of speaker placement.
The Z-5450 speakers are a sensible choice if your room would benefit greatly from going wireless. But in our experience, wired systems from Logitech and Klipsch offer better sound and slightly more solid construction for less. If wireless isn't a priority for you, one of those options may be the way to go.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- FTChange ConsultantOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contractVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- FTSenior Systems Analyst - Network/InfrastructureOther
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- TPIT Security ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA