Macecraft Software jv16 PowerTools
jv16 PowerTools is a more-complete sibling to the streamlined RegSupreme Windows-Registry cleaner.
- Good support for different versions of Windows
- Registry Cleaner 'aggression' settings don't make clear how problems are being idenfitied
jv16 PowerTools will tell you all you ever wanted to know about Windows Registry, but you probably won't need all of its tools.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
In addition to a Registry cleaner and compactor, jv16 PowerTools has other tools that will tell you all you ever wanted to know about the Registry but you probably wouldn't use most of them.
Among the tools are utilities to manage the Registry, find and replace entries, monitor Registry changes, take a snapshot, and get Registry stats.
The collection contains other modules, too, including file finders and cleaners, duplicate finders, and an assortment of system management tools, such as a startup manager and a history cleaner. jv16 PowerTools supports every version of Windows and comes with a full-featured, 30-day trial.
In its aggressive mode, the Registry cleaner in jv16 PowerTools found 392 Registry problems; in its normal mode, it detected 298 problems. The program gave us two ways to fix the problems.
The first option was to back up the Registry and let jv16 PowerTools make all the changes it wanted to - a choice we weren't happy with and wouldn't use. On the other hand, when we chose the 'Custom fix' alternative, the program forced us to look at each problem one at a time. Other apps, such as Registry First Aid, list all the items and let you select specific entries by checking the boxes beside them, which is much easier. We also wished that the program showed the severity of each problem so that we'd know which ones were important, but it didn't.
jv16 PowerTools' Registry Cleaner component includes a slider bar for you to decide how aggressively you want the tool to scan; safe, normal, aggressive, or very aggressive. After the scan, a report shows a graph with the number of errors, from high to low. The feature is interesting but not terribly valuable, since it doesn't offer any details about how it's identifying the problems.
A nice touch, however, is that the opening series of screens provides helpful tips to use the program — read them thoroughly.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 2 HP Spectre x360 16 review: The right 2-in-1 at the wrong time
- 3 GeForce Now review: You bring the games, Nvidia streams the hardware
- 4 Asus ProArt PA279CV monitor review: The go-to for content creators on a budget
- 5 Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022) review: The pinnacle of design
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s universal ‘One Outlook’ client just leaked out
- Microsoft reveals a new Windows Game Bar built for controllers
- Microsoft tests a limited VPN for Microsoft Edge
- Audacity developer puts the ‘proper’ version on the Microsoft Store
- How to pin an extension to Chrome’s toolbar
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- 25 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Mesh Wi-Fi vs Traditional Routers: Which is better?
- Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?