Macromedia Studio 8.0
- Useful new features, Tighter integration
- FreeHand drawing program absent, Few reasons to upgrade from previous versions
Flash Pro 8's new video features are the biggest change, but the lack of knockout new tools leaves you with few reasons to upgrade.
Price$ 1,510.00 (AUD)
Macromedia has overhauled its Studio 8 Web suite, but many of the changes are outside the individual applications. Overall, the suite features tighter integration. If you work primarily in just one of the suite's big-name programs (Dreamweaver 8, Flash Professional 8, or Fireworks 8), however, you'll likely find few reasons to upgrade from Studio MX 2004.
Studio 8's rejigged lineup adds Contribute 3 for updating site content and FlashPaper 2 for converting files to Flash or PDF. Absent is the FreeHand drawing program, which was part of the two previous Studio releases.
Flash Professional 8 has the biggest changes. The vector-graphics program adds a new video encoder plug-in that gives you more ways to control how video plays. Flash Player 8 also gets an upgrade by way of On2 Technologies' new VP6 video codec, which promises improved playback.
Dreamweaver 8, the suite's Web-design program, features new tools that make it much easier to design and use Cascading Style Sheets. Fireworks 8, the suite's Web image editor, also adds CSS support, but more important are its tighter hooks to Dreamweaver and Flash. For example, Fireworks now imports Flash vector objects with colors, blends, and other attributes intact.
Despite the useful new features in Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8, both feel more like point releases than major updates. However, the tighter links between the apps themselves could make the new suite worth the price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerOther
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - SharepointVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesACT
- TPChange ManagerVIC