Majesco Air Traffic Chaos
Air Traffic Chaos is the newest in a line of popular "tycoon" job related simulations -- this time placing the player in an airport watchtower, guiding incoming and outgoing flights to their final destinations.
- Easy to understand what's going on, nice sound effects and music, includes rumble pack support
- Repetitive game play, multi-tasking frustrating
While the core idea is original enough it never quite takes flight as Air Traffic Chaos proves just about as much fun as lounging around an actual airport watchtower.
Air Traffic Chaos puts you in charge of 14 different airlines, each with unique strengths and weaknesses. While managing each airline, you must take into account factors such as weather, traffic and pilot errors. With three levels of difficulty across five airports, the game boasts a total of 15 unique stages. Each stage is set up as a work shift, and it's your job as an air traffic controller to to make it through each shift without causing an accident.
The novice levels have only four planes to deal with at a time, but as you progress to the harder difficulties in the later levels, the actual "chaos" begins. Each stage has a stress level which represents how happy the airline is with your level of performance. Stress increases according to various factors specific to each flight (the time it takes to taxi, restlessness of the passengers, etc.) If the stress level of all the flights hits a specific level, you fail that stage and have to start from scratch. If you do an outstanding job, however, you can earn up to 16 different merit badges.
Each stage requires the same type of assignments: takeoff, taxi, and landing — all of which can become quite monotonous after a very short time. Once you've cleared the first level you've pretty much seen everything there is to see in Air Traffic Chaos with each following stage simply changing airports, planes, etc. I have to admit, the crashes aren't very satisfying either. Don't get me wrong — I don't want to see it happen in real life, but even ATC's cartoonish digital explosions will leave you yawning. Sorry to burst the bubble for all you crash fans, but the only thing that happens when two planes touch is that the game freezes, kicking you back out to the level recap menu. Um... boom?
Overall, Air Traffic Chaos's controls are simple enough, but that doesn't mean that they're not a pain to navigate. The graphics aren't anything special, and the sound effects are just enough to get the job done. The game's concept is innovative enough, but it can't save Air Traffic Chaos from rising above frustrating mediocrity. Still, if the idea of taking the helm of an air traffic controller interests you, I encourage you to check out the game and see if you can become an ATC Legend.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Finance/Grants)QLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BankingVIC
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTPayroll officerOther
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Green Belt)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTData Centre / Hosting Lead - $800 per dayOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW