Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment
- No realtime protection
Not a complete solution by any stretch of the imagination, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free is a free yet valuable addition to your PC's security arsenal.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
You can't depend on just one program to protect you from rootkits, Trojans, viruses, worms, and other malicious code. The job is too important and the villains too numerous for that. So supplement your regular antivirus program (the one you keep running in the background at all times) with an extra malware scanner, such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free.
The free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware doesn't offer real-time protection (the $30.21 full version does), making it useless as your first line of defence. But scanning your hard drive with the free Anti-Malware every week or so will add another layer of protection, finding whatever your main program missed.
It's like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free is extremely easy to use. You load it, check for updates at its prompting, then start the scan. To scan just one drive, file, or folder, right-click it and select Scan.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCSQL Server DeveloperQLD
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO/Financial AnalystOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Infrastructure Operations SMENSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- TPTechnical Specialst (Office 365/Azure)SA
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- CCFunctional TesterVIC
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- CCSolution Architect - WealthVIC