Manaccom Corporation Nitro PDF Professional
- Easy-to-use layout, can create PDF files one at a time or in a batch, has clear and helpful reviewing tools
- Its PDF-to-Word function didn't work properly during our tests; can create PDFs from within Microsoft Office using the integrated toolbar, but there isn't an integrated toolbar for Web browsers or other applications
Nitro boasts an easy-to-use layout and has many useful tools for the creation of PDF documents. As far as features go, it stands up strong against Adobe's Acrobat, but it didn't execute flawlessly during our tests.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
PDF files are a great way to distribute reports and brochures, as you can be sure the final layout of the file will be retained once it's sent to your recipient, and let's face it, everyone has access to PDF reader software. Nitro PDF Professional is a PDF creation program that compares favourably against Adobe's Acrobat Professional -- it's very easy to use, has some pretty useful features, and is competitively priced.
It relies on a graphics-based user interface, which makes it easy to identify many of the program's tools and editing features and there aren't any messy menu systems. Simply click on the tab at the top of the page to view all the options for that section. In addition, tool-tips are implemented, which give a short description of each tool when you hover your mouse over it.
The program is segregated into five tabs: Home, Insert and edit, Review, Secure, and View. The Home tab is where the file creation tools reside. Not only can you convert files to PDF format one at a time, but you can also convert multiple files simultaneously (and different types, too), which is great if you have a large amount of individual files that all need to be converted using the same settings. Likewise, the program has the ability to combine files, which means that you can select a text document, picture files and spreadsheets as well as have Nitro insert them all into the same PDF file automatically. However, using this method, you won't have much control over the layout and the files will just be inserted one after the other in one long document.
Nitro can even turn HTML pages into PDFs, as long as you save them to disk first -- you can't just supply a URL. Conveniently, it can create PDFs directly from scanned input, and one-button creation from Microsoft Office applications is also featured. It installs a print driver, too, which can enable you to create PDFs from virtually any application.
Conversely, Nitro has the ability to convert PDF files to Microsoft Word documents at the click of a button (if you have Word installed), but we had trouble getting this feature to work properly during our tests.
Selecting files for creation can also be a little tricky if you use open source software such as Open Office instead of Microsoft Office. Those of you who save Open Office files in Microsoft Office format may not be able to convert those files to PDF if you don't actually have Microsoft Office installed -- Nitro won't be able to open them. A workaround is to save your office files using Open Office's default file format.
Security features can be implemented to restrict printing and editing functions, as well as the copying of text and other images. Up to 128-bit AES encryption can be used to secure your documents, and password access can be given to users who should have permission to edit and copy the contents of your created PDFs. If you don't want to restrict users, but just want to leave an identifier on your files, then Watermarks can be splashed onto pages instead.
Offline collaborations are fairly easy in Nitro; there are plenty of tools that allow for highlighting, commenting (via virtual sticky notes) and stamping (to show that a document has been read, for example), and once these notes have been viewed, they can easily be removed by the final editor. Changes can be tracked when Nitro is in 'pane' view, with the author, type of modification and the time it was made all being viewable.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSolution architectOther
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- FTApplication Project ManagerOther
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTProgram Director - Consulting FirmACT
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD