Manaccom Corporation Ringtone Studio 2
- Simple, cheap
- We encountered many errors during use of the software
The main advantages this application offers is that it's cheap and simple, but are almost lost in frustration of getting it to work. Assuming the patches will sort out the bugs, this could be a great option for heavy mobile users with an ever evolving desire for new ringtones, but be aware of the potential frustration.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
Philosopher Rene Descartes once said "I think therefore I am", however it is something very far from thought that defines us today. In fact, the artist Andy Warhol probably said it better when he said "I am a deeply superficial person". Clothes, music and technology all give an outward impression of who we are, but nothing says 'this is me' better, especially to the person next to you on the bus, than a loud, in-your-face ringtone.
However, with all the phones in the world there just aren't enough default ringtones to set you aside from the pack, which is where a software package like Manaccom's Ringtone Studio 2 comes into play. It's a very basic package that allows you to import sounds or songs and export them to your phone via a number of transfer methods, such as infrared, Bluetooth, USB or WAP. Ringtone Studio 2 will export a few file formats, including WAV, MP3 and SMAF/MMF.
It's true that many phones these days will simply download MP3s you've created on your PC and set them as a ringtone. However, if you want something a little fancier, perhaps a series of quotes from your favourite movie or TV show, and you're not especially computer literate, Ringtone Studio 2 is an option. In fact, Ringtone Studio 2's packaging and online press material say the product is "buffoon" friendly, catering for everyone.
It's a simple application with simple means. You can take any CD, audio file or audio source on your PC and import it to Ringtone Studio 2, including MP3s or even your own voice. Once the audio is imported you see it in a wave form across the bottom of the application. It is here that you do your cutting and editing before saving the final product and exporting it. The three editing tools include volume adjustment and fade in or out. Once you're finished you hit the export button and off you go.
Unfortunately it's not the most refined piece of software and we encountered a number of problems, which tended to get frustrating at times, especially when it wouldn't do something it was meant to. For instance, moving the curser to a new point in the track often didn't work the way it should. Since this is one of the most basic functions, we were quite disappointed to see the glitch. We also found that the software would lock up on one of our two installations, forcing us to close it, and we weren't able to adjust the volume on either installation. In this regard, despite its simplicity, computer illiterate users may still get very frustrated and the rest of us will probably follow suit.
The software does have its own automatic updater, so hopefully bugs like this can be patched out in the future. However, throughout our tests we barely got to achieve what we set out to achieve. The automatic updater corrupted the application and required a re-install. The application locked up on a number of occasions and when we tried to export to MP3 on one of our systems the application was missing the required codec. It would not explain how to download it, or explain which codec was required; not a very good situation for "buffoons". We did eventually manage to get a file exported, but were disappointed by the difficulties.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDynamic CRM DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- TPIT Project Support & Finance OffcerVIC
- TPSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FT.Net / SharePoint Developer - GosfordNSW
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- FTSystem Administrator / Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- TPBI AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (EL1)QLD