Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus
- It can perform a full restore of the system, encrypts backup, easy to use
- Only keeps a synchronised copy of what's been backed up and not the files that have been deleted off your system
As an external hard drive the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus storage drive is solid, but add in the backup features of the OneTouch system and you have a first-class backup device.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus can be used simply as an external storage device connected to a PC via USB, the true benefit comes from its software and OneTouch system to create a well-configured backup device.
Maxtor's backup software auto-installs from the device itself, and can be configured for most any need. The software can automatically back up files and folders, or let you choose which drives, folders or files you want to back up, and when.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus also can perform a full restore of the system, which includes all files to recover to a previous point in time on your PC.
This is a huge benefit over some other off-the-shelf products that can protect your data, but may still require you to install your software should you face a major malfunction or virus.
On-demand backup is as easy as pressing the button on the front of the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus device.
While this lends itself to the less-technically savvy, it still has some great features for the more serious user, including an encryption system to password protect your data.
One drawback is that the backup appears to only maintain a synchronised copy of what you choose to back up, it doesn't keep copies of files that you've deleted from your system. Note: The price above is for the 250GB version and is the cheapest model available.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDynamic CRM DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- TPIT Project Support & Finance OffcerVIC
- TPSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FT.Net / SharePoint Developer - GosfordNSW
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- FTSystem Administrator / Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- TPBI AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (EL1)QLD