Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus
- It can perform a full restore of the system, encrypts backup, easy to use
- Only keeps a synchronised copy of what's been backed up and not the files that have been deleted off your system
As an external hard drive the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus storage drive is solid, but add in the backup features of the OneTouch system and you have a first-class backup device.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus can be used simply as an external storage device connected to a PC via USB, the true benefit comes from its software and OneTouch system to create a well-configured backup device.
Maxtor's backup software auto-installs from the device itself, and can be configured for most any need. The software can automatically back up files and folders, or let you choose which drives, folders or files you want to back up, and when.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus also can perform a full restore of the system, which includes all files to recover to a previous point in time on your PC.
This is a huge benefit over some other off-the-shelf products that can protect your data, but may still require you to install your software should you face a major malfunction or virus.
On-demand backup is as easy as pressing the button on the front of the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus device.
While this lends itself to the less-technically savvy, it still has some great features for the more serious user, including an encryption system to password protect your data.
One drawback is that the backup appears to only maintain a synchronised copy of what you choose to back up, it doesn't keep copies of files that you've deleted from your system. Note: The price above is for the 250GB version and is the cheapest model available.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Performance TesterNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- CCICT TrainerQLD
- FTCareer transition Specialist | Must be immediately availableOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW
- FTRAN SMEOther
- CCSenior/Lead Network Security Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther