McAfee Australia Internet Security Suite 2009
McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 is the latest iteration of security giant McAfee's internet security suite, featuring Artemis, a new internet-based malware detection feature.
- Wide array of features
- Doesn't quite compare to the score of about 99 percent for top performers in AV-Test.org's tests such as the Avira security suite and the Norton security suite
You'll find a wide array of features in McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009, including backups, parental controls and antispam, along with smaller offerings such as a file shredder. And the suite did a decent job at detecting malicious software in tests. But for protecting your PC, you have superior alternatives.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009: interface
In line with the suite's inconsistent performance, McAfee's interface is good in some ways and less appealing in others. McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 does a good job at organising features into intuitive categories such as ‘Computer & Files' or ‘Internet & Network', and generally it provides good information up front.
But surprisingly it lacks context-sensitive help, so if you click the help link while viewing the useful network map, for instance, you won't go straight to the relevant help section; instead you'll have to manually search or sift through the topics to find the information you need.
That said, McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 does offer some convenient touches. Most notable: on the aforementioned network map, you can click the icon for your home network router to bring up its web configuration page in your browser.
Less well-designed is McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009's handling of a common adware file. When we attempted to download a screen saver from Zango that installs adware that most people would prefer to keep off their PCs, McAfee's suite correctly displayed a warning about the download attempt, but the only remediation option was to remove the program. Electing to do so brought up a McAfee uninstaller, which failed because the Zango program wasn't actually installed.
McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 did the same thing when we scanned the Zango adware on an attached thumb drive. The suite might have become confused by Registry entries added by the site or download, but other suites were able to successfully get rid of the entries and the file.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Cybersecurity is a Shared Responsibility, Warns ESET
- Nest jumps into home security with Nest Secure
- Master Lock bring new Smart Padlocks to Oz
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst- Data Analytics backgroundOther
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTService desk supportACT
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther