Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Microsoft Messenger 7
Microsoft has announced its new free Messenger 7.0 software, releasing the final product along with the finished version of an online scrapbook service it has been testing, MSN Spaces.
With MSN Messenger 7.0, Microsoft wants to equal and better other IM software through its own free PC-to-PC video calls for users with a Web cam, in addition to free voice calls. The video call feature uses technology from Web cam maker Logitech to synchronise audio and video streams. Users can watch a video in the Messenger window or get up close and personal in full-screen mode. We also liked that in addition to including a variety of interface improvements, MSN Messenger 7.0 also now lets users search chats, automatically let people know what they're listening to, trade scribbled notes, send new flash-based winks, nudges and more. Microsoft also plans to incorporate a feature in coming months that will allow Messenger users to send messages to friends' mobile phones.
MSN Spaces, an online scrapbook, lets users post blogs, photo albums, music lists and other personalised information. Introduced in beta form in December, MSN Spaces now offers more storage space - allowing users to post around 750 photos - and a variety of backgrounds and personalisation options.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTContract Obligations Manager - Telco - 2 year Max Term - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTBusiness Analyst (Infrastructure/ Office Relocation)Other
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- FTWebmethods DeveloperOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Full stack Developer (Java)ACT
- FTSalesforce CRM Scrum Product OwnerOther
- FTStakeholder Engagement Lead x2 (Land Access)Other
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTProcurement sales managerOther
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTHealthcare TesterVIC
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior BA ( Squad BA)Other
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Developer - Funds Management Product: C# .Net DeveloperOther
- FTData Centre Support Engineers (VMWare/ Windows Server)Other
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSenior AX Developer / Team LeadOther