- Blue backlight, Responsive
- Features not as good as some other competing models that are available
A good all-around keyboard, the Reclusa won't offer the same functionality as some competing products, but it is more than adequate for gamers who are after a stylish, simple option.
Sporting a fancy blue backlight and a stylish black colour scheme, Microsoft's latest entry into the gaming peripherals market, the Reclusa keyboard, is sure to turn a few heads. While it doesn't have the extra of competing products, it's still a strong all-around input device and should do the trick nicely for gamers after something a little more eye-catching than their regular keyboard.
Microsoft advertises this model as having a faster-than-normal response rate when keys are pressed. The response rate means everything to gamers; faster mice for more accurate shooting, faster LCD monitors for minimal ghosting. However, when it comes to keyboards, we've never really noticed a difference. Sure, the Reclusa was quite quick and we experienced no responsiveness issues during our testing, but it wasn't noticeably faster than other unit's we've used.
It sports a standard desktop design, with deep keys that are quite comfortable to type on. If it was really going for fast response, we feel Microsoft would have been better off implementing a scissor key setup. In saying that, the Reclusa more-than-adequately does the job. As it's a large unit, the layout of the keys is very spacious, with plenty of room for shortcut keys and extra functionality.
There are two shortcut buttons on either side, along with six programmable shortcut keys, which default to the standard combination of email, Web and media functions. Also present are two jog-wheels, which default to control the volume and track-skip functions. Using the profile manager software, these can be mapped and saved as profiles for your various games, and then switched between in the blink of an eye.
Aesthetically, the Reclusa is quite smooth, with a glossy-black finish that will look right at home with a modern computer setup. The blue backlight, on the other hand, contributes a slightly space-age style and helps keep the keyboard illuminated for those long gaming sessions that last into the early hours of the morning. We didn't find it quite as effective as the backlight on the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, which actually illuminates the keys themselves, rather than the area behind them, but it did the job.
Also included in the unit is a detachable wrist-rest, which we found comfortable, but not necessary.
Overall, this model brings a few nice features to the table, and should prove to be a reasonable choice for most gamers. It doesn't quite have the extra features of something like the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, but as a basic alternative, it's a solid product.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- FTApplication Support Technical LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTSr. IT Business Analyst -Investment banking Funding StructureOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTAgile CoachOther