Microsoft Student 2006
If you're buying a PC so your kids can use it for school work, you'll get a lot out of this package.
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
This companion to Microsoft Office is designed to help school kids research and write up coursework with the maximum efficiency. Put together in concert with the national curriculum, it covers topics for both primary and secondary schools.
It provides guidance about how to study effectively, what's expected for any assignment you might be set, plus resources such as an encyclopedia and an onscreen graphing calculator.
You can use the latter to work out everything from simultaneous equations and statistical probability to the relationships between properties for physics and chemistry experiments. And, as with the rest of this package, you get useful context-sensitive help.
Fire up Learning Essentials for Students to access templates and tips. Select one and you'll be taken to a special version of Word (or Excel or PowerPoint) with all the accessories you'll need. To change the sort of assistance required you select from the Student Tools drop-down menu. Student 2006 harnesses the web, directing pupils to data. In the main this draws on the MSN Encarta encyclopedia but external information sources have also been used.
You need to have Office XP or 2003, as well as a DVD drive. You can then install either the standard reference content or add Children's Encarta. And there's a browser toolbar that finds content from Encarta online. Purchasing Student 2006 gives you updates and access to Encarta until late 2006.
Undoubtedly useful, Microsoft Student 2006 is optimised for use with the latest iteration of Office. Because of this, many families otherwise happy with the version of that suite they've already got will miss out or need to upgrade. There's a wealth of information and useful pointers to the Encarta encyclopedia it draws on. The licence allows you to use it on up to three PCs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- TPSenior DBAVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- CCSecurity Engineer/AnalystACT
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Distribution and Warehouse SolutionsOther